Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 54 weeks since my first cut--THANK YOU FORUM!

Congrats Scott , you are definitely doing nice work. And I appreciate the advise and pointers you've shared with me . Just think were you'll be this time next year. Jeff
    Jeff King
    shopbot buddy BT-32
    P/C - 3.25 hp

The things I make may be for others ,
    but how I make them is for me . T. Konovaloff

Let me add to that and thank the forum for welcoming me as a shopbotless person. While I came here (with Nancy's permission) to post about my dovetail program, I am still here one year and 374 posts later to get advice and post pictures of my wacky projects. I learned a lot, appreciate all the feedback and it is a pleasure hanging out here. Yes, and sometimes I may get a Shopbot, too....

Thanks Joe, no welding rod, but Humungous Aluminum cable(No idea where electricians used it) left over from house and one strand will work perfectly with 1/8" collet in the AM. Go at it fresh in the morning, as I want it to be "Dead Nut" for inlays.
    Gert, I for one am glad you came. Everyone needs a "Whacky Professor" type hanging around Although if I were your neighbor, I would subtlety insert "Oh, not using anything Flammable/explosive/radioactive/DeathRay'ish are you?" into every conversation You and the guy helping me today (Mo) would get along great! We were staring at those two stupid bolts and he said "Oh! I could get it apart in my shop, but I'd have to take it with me and bring it back Monday, OR, I can drop by Monday with a few tools....You Know.... welding torch,jackhammer,wrecking bar, and....Oh Yeah! Blasting Caps! Definitely Blasting Caps!"
    Yup, you guys would get along great!
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Scott, it seems you've been around longer than that... myself I have been posting for close to 3 yrs now but it seems like that flew by very quickly.

I have been a member on several forums I eventually got frustrated and/or tied with and left. This is the only one that seems to be constant in the sense it is full of very nice people, without any BS. Just a great place to hang around and both share ideas, learn and also even give back and help others too.

AJC

Andrew, Probably just seems longer than that because I Yak so much it would seem like you've been Tuning me out Forever
    Actually, I started asking stupid questions a year ago April, and the help we got here went a Long way to deciding what machine to buy.
    I'm finding Vectric forum just as helpful from the design side as I'm computer challenged
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine