Thread: xy

Default xy

I have aspire program and the problem I have is the x and y are different then the shopbot they are switch any help will be good

Sorry Harry, but could you be more detailed in what your issue is?

Cheers
    Buddy 48 Standard with 2.2 Hp Spindle with standard and 6' stick. Aspire 10.5
    2.2Hp universal 4 zone Vac Table

Default x and y

the x axes and y axes are backwards on the aspire program when I set up my project I have to program them different
    when I set up x axes on aspire it will be y axes on the shopbot

The X and Y axis will always be correct in relation to the table X and Y.......I think you are referring to orientation in that if like my case I have to have the computer on the left of the Buddy......when looking at the Aspire / VCP screen the X is horizontal but on the default Buddy the X is at right angles to the screen X.....is this what you are referring to?
    As this was the case with me I just swapped the X and Y axis on the SB to orientate to that which was in front of me on the computer screen.

Cheers
    Buddy 48 Standard with 2.2 Hp Spindle with standard and 6' stick. Aspire 10.5
    2.2Hp universal 4 zone Vac Table

In Aspire you can set the corner of the project on the first screen to match your machine.