So, I was setting in several cabinet doors to mortise in some hinge recesses. 2 small toolpaths for each door, 2 bits, easy as it goes.

Of course, each time I swapped out a bit, I would zero the z axis. I would tap the plate to the bit to make sure the input lights up on the screen, then run the process.

I ran the program as usual. The bit touched, moved up, retouched again, and set the z zero just fine.

As I removed the zero plate, I noticed that I had forgotten to hook up the grounding clip to the spindle. Oh ****...

But, as is my habit, I keep the grounding clip attached to the leg of the bot when not in use. Keeps it out of the way, yet firmly in place.

I tested things a few times, and found that this is in fact a ground location. Removing the clip from the leg and touching the zero plate to the bit does not light up the indicator on the screen.

Now, I do not plan on using this again, as I can hear a slight hum through the system when the bit is touching the zero plate. I will hook up the clip to the spindle as directed.

But, nice to know I didn't break a bit from being absent minded.

Just passing the info along.