Thread: KD new work

Default KD new work

The island sat in the shop for 2 months the form for the waterfall was done on the bot also the table was flatten on the bot hard to sand after
    the barbaque took 7 guys to put in place 550 lbs there there is GFRC (Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete) which makes it lighter but the fell is not the same or the look
    I was given freedom to be less conservative stained copper with blue and darl grey my camera is not good enough to pick up

The concrete has picked up there are 3 kitchens waiting to be install I getting better clientele doing more original design
    Attached Images Attached Images

I didn't make the kitchen only the island and the bench
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kevin, Waterfall? What kind of range was going in? I see the downdraft?
    Yep, in "94 saw a custom house near here that used the "Early Days" GFRC on their hydronic floor and it was a disaster. Not only did they have to wear slippers because of the glass, but they used a white "shake and Bake" Sonosheen dye and they power troweled too long and the dye was heat reactive and turned a streaky black in spots. Owner said it was like owning a zebra rug with porcupine quills(They wound up epoxying it).
    It Looks GREAT! Now figure out how to vent fireplace through through the concrete surround to be a giant, cozy, radiator and you'll be rich!!
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 12.0*
    Maine

Its a good idea with the bench
    The water fall weight 600 lbs made in the shop we made a cart to transport with a lift gate it was easier then i thought.The home was wheel chair acess
    glass reinforced i agree is scary all my pieces are polished
    no range in waterfall thank for compliment just trying to post interesting project a shop like mine has to move up .

Kevin,
    I seem to recall a youtube video you posted or pictures of a concrete countertop you were making and i was struck by how extremely labor intensive it seemed to be in the sanding and finishing. This is beautiful work
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson