Thread: Digital Router Lift (at last!)

Default Digital Router Lift (at last!)

http://www.rockler.com/ready-2-lift-router-liftQ

Sorry theres no pic! On iPads since IOS 8 came out it just hangs on upload. So I fixed the upside down problem thanks to Michael but now have a much worse one!
    Buddy BT48 with 6' power stick
    2.2 HSD Spindle
    Aspire 9.5
    6" ShopBot Indexer

Only $630 ($399 + $229) with the controller to make it work

I'd spend the ducks ($55) on the DRO and crank it by hand. It can get even cheaper if you hack a Horrible Freight caliper to make your own DRO.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Wow....and by the time you ship here and factor the exchange rate ......going at $USD0.83 to our $AUD1.00 it gets expensive.
    I have a Triton router fitted to end of my table saw with its own in- built crank handle and a portable digital callipers.
    Anyhow since the SB don't use the table mounted router much.

Hey Bob.....I'm still using 7.1.2 IOS......I never update until many, many months later......just like with SB3

Cheers
    Buddy 48 Standard with 2.2 Hp Spindle with standard and 6' stick. Aspire 10.5
    2.2Hp universal 4 zone Vac Table

Chrissy said to tell you Brady that we aint getting it and will be sticking with the Wixey! (She is the treasurer!). Seriously I couldnt go back to working without DRO on the planer/thicknesser as we just dont have under thickness problems ever.
    2.2 HSD Spindle
    Aspire 9.5
    6" ShopBot Indexer

Michael I am a sucker for new stuff and know deep down you shouldnt upgrade OS early. I have the same Triton Router. Is there much vibration on yours? If I leave anything on the table it "walks" off! It is very close to being a top router and the spindle lock is brilliant but the winder mechanism is daft the way it doesnt line up unless you look. I must get off my bum and fix this!
    2.2 HSD Spindle
    Aspire 9.5
    6" ShopBot Indexer

Bob - not sure if you got the PM I sent a few weeks ago about the care package....

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Eustace View Post
    Michael I am a sucker for new stuff and know deep down you shouldnt upgrade OS early. I have the same Triton Router. Is there much vibration on yours? If I leave anything on the table it "walks" off! It is very close to being a top router and the spindle lock is brilliant but the winder mechanism is daft the way it doesnt line up unless you look. I must get off my bum and fix this!
    Hey Bob.....my triton setup on woodpecker table insert is rock steady......yea when you drop the winder through the hole it can be a little hit or miss but mine is not in an enclosed cabinet so I just look under the table to line it up....I have dust collection straight to the router and works brilliantly.

Cheers
    Buddy 48 Standard with 2.2 Hp Spindle with standard and 6' stick. Aspire 10.5
    2.2Hp universal 4 zone Vac Table

You could probably cobble one together yourself for $100.00 by going to
    http://www.mpja.com/Misc-Stepper-Mot.../products/524/

if sure someone like Dana who knows Audrino could figure out a interface or controller for settings...
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

I just got a Wixey for my router lift, on the cheap.
    They were closeout priced on Amazon. 27 bucks. I see they're $55 now.
    Ha!!! I beat The Man!!!

Anyone need a Wixey Saw Fence readout?
    I have one leaning in my corner, made it obsolete when I put the Incra system on my sawstop.