Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2010 Shopbot Jamboree!

Anyone arriving at the airport & going to the Mariott about 7pm on Thursday , give me a shout, maybe we can share a cab? see you there ~ The Nev

I will be representing Thermwood Corporation and more specificly, eCabinet Systems at this Jamboree. I was asked via email if I would have any of the "links" with me at the Jamboree. The answer is "yes", I'll have five with me. You'll have to purchase the link online, as you would now, then I can take the appropriate notes and turn over the hasp to you with the manual.

Additionally, I'll be bringing several copies of the "The Nearly Complete Guide to eCabinet Systems". That'll work the same way, you'll need to make the purchase online and then you'll get your copy.

With regards to the link, I'm getting a working version installed on my computer. As I understand it, most of the features are like the features on our Control Nesting module. So in most cases, I can probably explain the parameters of the SB Link. That being said, I have no background with the ShopBot control, so I would be of little help with setting up tools. Gary Campbell was going to be able to help with that, but I see that he is unable to make the date. I was looking forward to meeting him. Hopefully, other SB Link users will be attending and are willing to answer some of those questions.

Looking forward to this opportunity.

Dennis L. Englert
    Manager of Product Training
    Thermwood Corporation

Default Latest registration figures

We're now up to 155 total including those registered, speakers, staff, etc. If you plan to attend the Jamboree please CALL Shopbot ASAP ! Thanks ...
    "Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality"...The Dalai Lama

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else....." Sir James Barrie

Looks like I will be there as well. Gary sorry to hear you won't be able to make it. I'll try to bring some cam clamps in case anyone wants some.

David should have reminded me of this sooner

We are driving up from Atlanta Thursday night / Friday morning (early) We plan to arrive no later than noon but we plan to be there by 9AM or so. If anyone has anything they would like transported (within reason) bring it and toss it on the truck. If you can't carry it by yourself that's your first hint it will not qualify for transport.

We are looking forward to the trip and meeting many of you guys for the first time.

/RB

Dennis, David, Robert, Bill and all my other unnamed friends...
    I am going to miss being with you all. I was looking forward to my fisrt Jamboree and the comaradarie those events promote.

The trucking schedule for our upcoming move first made attending very difficult, now Jr. has a surgery scheduled on the 22nd, so it will now be impossible.

I was looking forward to meeting you all.

Gary
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

Gary,

I met you and Jr. at one of your camps a couple of years ago.

Please give my best to Jr. for tomorrow!!!!
    Charles

Default Jamboree video streaming today

We're streaming today's Jamboree training on UStream at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/shopbot-training. The stream is up now but the action doesn't start until 9:00

I finally got a chance to check the forum after being back for a week. I'm surprised no one has posted about how well the Jamboree went and how worthwhile it was. I had a great time and am glad I went. The presenters were entertaining and educational, and the theme was timely and relevant. Kudos to ShopBot for presenting and hosting a fine program, and to all the presenters for taking time to share their insights with the group.

It's always refreshing to shake hands with the people I converse with here on a regular basis, see examples of what other ShopBotters are doing in their shops, and hear some new (to me) ideas about making stuff and running a business.

The Maker Fair was a real bonus. If you ever get a chance to see one of these, I recommend it. Lots of creativity and cool stuff.

Thanks to everyone at ShopBot and to all who contributed to making this year's Jamboree a success.