Thread: 04 prt

Hybrid View

Question 04 prt

2004 PRT - is that normally a USB ?

Serial. You have serial in the old PRT control box but can use a serial to usb converting connector to your computer.

The Late 2004 PRT Alpha, starting August 2004 I believe (which I just recently purchased) had the serial to usb converter on the controller.

Quote Originally Posted by barrowj View Post
    The Late 2004 PRT Alpha, starting August 2004 I believe (which I just recently purchased) had the serial to usb converter on the controller.
    Thanks Joe, this one is standard, need it to cut sheet goods

The dongle plugs into your computer, not the controller. It allows a internet connection with a Thermwood program that takes the output from e-cab, which is in Thermwood language, and converts it to usable code (G) for your Shopbot. Your controller to computer hookup doesn't change. I think you can still download the software for it to look at and there is documentation available. There are several botters (and one notable ex-botter) here who use it regularly and perhaps they will chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by bleeth View Post
    The dongle plugs into your computer, not the controller. It allows a internet connection with a Thermwood program that takes the output from e-cab, which is in Thermwood language, and converts it to usable code (G) for your Shopbot. Your controller to computer hookup doesn't change. I think you can still download the software for it to look at and there is documentation available. There are several botters (and one notable ex-botter) here who use it regularly and perhaps they will chime in.
    Awesome, I have downloaded the ecabs to bot software just did not realize the dongle plugs into my design computer. Thanks again

Thanks Dave, buying one and need to use eCabinets on it - do you know anything about the ecabinets dongle?