Thread: ShopBot Visit in Maine

Default ShopBot Visit in Maine

Friday my wife and I stopped by to see Scott "The Button Man" Plaisted on our way back from a trade show in Gorham Maine. Scott gave us the tour of his home and workshop - and the workings of the desktop as I have been considering purchasing one. Watching the buttons come to life with the micro bits was awesome. I think between us visiting and Scott having new ideas, he was up at 3-4 AM and his email today said he quit at 7PM last night, about the time we were pulling into the driveway. Thoroughly enjoyed our visit and need to plan on an extended visit next time for sure...Scott, looking forward to the Maine camp and meeting your father...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dick
    Aspire 10.5

Thanks Dick. Was telling Dad how Susan was so impressed with a low-dust workshop she could actually stay in for more than a few minutes that she said you could get a cyclone(DustDepty) (and that was without the dustfoot).
    Glad you got a chance to see how quiet it was too, and how we barely had to raise our voices.
    One thing I forgot to mention is the MakerCrate came with 8 -3/4" OSB pallet risers(OR button backer boards ) and I told them NOT to send the 6" HD casters they sent with Kirks, so "Normal" height would be 6" higher which would be better for backs.
    Should have given Susan some"Free" buttons to get her "hooked" Must have needed more coffee, Then she might have started collecting "Contemporary" buttons instead of just "Antique". I'm slipping
    The Bloodwoods you saw carving came out nice.
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Default Thanks

Thanks Scott...Susan talked about the cyclone all the way home and asking me to get one for the shop. Yes you should have given her some buttons, but I think I will get her to bring out some of of the thousands of antique buttons she has and maybe there are some patterns that we could copy??? All in all a great time albeit to short...we'll make it longer next time.
    Dick
    Dick
    Aspire 10.5

NOT copy Dick! Improve
    Remind her that the cyclone only removes enough dust so that you don't go broke buying HEPA or submicron filters(airs only as clean as the last filter-I really have to get rid of the cloth bag on the old Delta in the garage-Hate that "Puff" of Fines when I turn it on).
    Longer visit will be nice so I can get you up into the rafters and loft pulling my cherry door rails/stiles material and Birdseye down!
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine