Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I made my daughter a new rack a big one

Default I made my daughter a new rack a big one

I thought this would be too large but I hung it up and it was filled with one extra bottle. I made it out of scrap Russian beech plywood. I had it all dialed in but the motives ended up a bit too small it was a hassle to fix them by hand. I used hammer rite to paint to s oI did not have to kill myself finishing it.

[URL=http://s154.photobucket.com/user/knighttoolworks/media/IMG_2571_zps5b7a9eb8.jpg.html]

Nice job Steve , Your daughter must be very happy. I made one a while back a desktop carousel type . Amazing what makes them happy. Jeff
    Jeff King
    shopbot buddy BT-32
    P/C - 3.25 hp

The things I make may be for others ,
    but how I make them is for me . T. Konovaloff

Nice rack!

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Steve... your daughter now needs to open store for cosmetic products ... Nice collection she has..my wife should not see this pic...she will definetly feel jealous
    I left woodwork due to office work.

Ok Steve...where is the second one? Since this one is full you'lll need room for another one...

And we all know nice racks usually come in pairs
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Thanks Steve supper nice,, You got me into more work,,, lol.. told Tina what you made now she wants one... How did you attach the trays... What thickness did you use on the plywood.

Now I am upset just made the mistake of telling her how many bottles it held.. Now she wants me to go buy her more Nail polish... not like I am great at polishing nails now it will be change colors as her mood changes.
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS IS A LABORER.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS AND HEAD IS A CRAFTSMAN.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS, HIS HEAD AND HIS HEART IS AN ARTIST.
    ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Now I am upset just made the mistake of telling her how many bottles it held.. Now she wants me to go buy her more Nail polish...

Now Eugene, don't be a hypocrite! She wants more nail polish because there is room on the rack for more, right?
    Ok....now what happens when you make more room for tools in your shop?? I'm just sayin.....
    Words of Wisdom:
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by genek View Post
    Thanks Steve supper nice,, You got me into more work,,, lol.. told Tina what you made now she wants one... How did you attach the trays... What thickness did you use on the plywood.

Now I am upset just made the mistake of telling her how many bottles it held.. Now she wants me to go buy her more Nail polish... not like I am great at polishing nails now it will be change colors as her mood changes.
    I used 3/4" Russian/Baltic birch. I as cutting them out of scrap as I was cutting another customers job. they have M&t's though somewhere they ended up too small and I had to trim everyone to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by myxpykalix View Post
    Now I am upset just made the mistake of telling her how many bottles it held.. Now she wants me to go buy her more Nail polish...

Now Eugene, don't be a hypocrite! She wants more nail polish because there is room on the rack for more, right?
    Ok....now what happens when you make more room for tools in your shop?? I'm just sayin.....
    Jack I just do without...on the tools..Trying to come up with the money to build a new shop that will have class rooms. I do have a dream tool... but mommy said no till I build the new shop with class rooms and get it paid off.

The new tool is a dedicated re-saw. by grizzly... $14,000..
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS IS A LABORER.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS AND HEAD IS A CRAFTSMAN.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS, HIS HEAD AND HIS HEART IS AN ARTIST.
    ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Well Eugene at least your wife can'tsay no to your "dreams"
    Funny how as we get older, our dreams change from one kind of "wood" to another kind of wood......
    Once you get going with the classes you can pay for your new saw with all the profits you're gonna make!
    Words of Wisdom:
    -----------
    -----------