Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Church Chairs

Spayed today loaded and on the truck now.

Scott the critters under the bench are bashed and banged pretty bad don't know if I want to show them.

Aww! Got any Critters that came out Good? Remember I've only been here a year and a half and probably missed them. Know they're not Shopbot-Hope nobody minds, but I always like to see Craftsmanship.
    Darkened nicely for a good start-- Forget what your "go to" finish is?
    Don't you have a Solar Kiln? Was wood dried in that? Did you mill yourself?
    Like the heartwood in the center of the backs-- is that top left arch in darker wood where you put your name and date in the groove, so that in a hundred years when an elephant sits on them and the glue fails--some future Craftsman(if there are any will know who to thank for building them rugged
    How many BF out of how many trees?
    Dad still remembers the pic of your trailer "Latch"!
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Brian, those are some really great looking chairs, great craftsmanship too.

Brian,
    For the life of me, i don't know why guys like you don't put together some type of weekend training class? You could make a good sum of money sharing your expertise and knowledge. If i could make stuff with the quality and workmanship you display would be worth a good sum of money. Excellent work Brian!
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

My greatest takeaway from this thread is the spreaders tacked on the feet.
    I even showed my wife last night, and told her "This is why I haunt this place and all the other ones."
    I can make stuff. Not a problem. It's the little things that make guys go from craft to craftsman. Little tricks make things much, much easier on a guy.
    Thanks for that, Brian!!!

Superb job!
    PRT Alpha with 7.2 upgrade, indexer, and PC router

Scott Plaisted, The finish is cambell krystal conversion varnish you need to add catalyst before using.

If you would like to see more critters I have a photo hosting site that has a mix of stuff here http://harnettdesigns.imgur.com/

Scott Shilala, I like you go to the forums to learn and contribute I have picked up a lot over the years, unfortunately looking at views compared to posts many on this forum choose to look and not contribute so lurkers post your stuff.

Jack, teaching is a skill often underestimated, I would not know where to begin besides answering a specific question.

Delivered the chairs and stayed at the contracters shop for 3 days helping make some live edge table tops for the same church will have to go back and get pictures when the job is done.

Thanks Brian, Really nice to browse through your pics! BUT too much stuff I like to go into it Bikes,snakes,Dragons and Book Owl are great!
    Yep, Wish more people posted process pics as well as their "AW SH--!!" Moments, as wonderful pieces that are finished are Great, but prevent some people from posting their first attempts which is where we really learn.
    LOVE how people run their hands across Live Edge- Really makes you feel good
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Great looking chairs - and they certainly remind me of those that would be used in a church setting.

All the church furniture up this was is either oak and/or white ash. Cherry is much nicer! lol must be a fancy church