Thread: 04 PRT 48 x 96

Default 04 PRT 48 x 96

Just setup a 04 PRT 48 x 96 - the home position is in the top right corner as I am standing at the x rail, the owners manual that came with it said I can change that and it would tell me how in troubleshooting but I don't see that section in the book. Can someone point me to the correct doc for this

Thanks
    Tim

Which side are you standing on? If it was the other side then home would be bottom left which is more normal for a ShopBot.

The front is the X (long) side where the carriage moves in a positive direction to your right.

Or at least it is on a PRS, I assume a PRT is the same.
    The answers to a lot of questions can be found at http://www.shopbottools.com/ShopBotDocs/ or http://support.vectric.com/

Yes-PRS and PRT are the same in this regard. So if you are standing in the middle of the x rail and 0,0 is on your right and on the rail away from you it sounds like you have the table 180 degrees rotated! When you are at the end of the table in the middle of the Y that at x zero end you should be facing the router with the Z plate away from you. So you may have your Y carriage backwards. The x control wires are different in length. The longer one goes to the motor on the y zero side.

A further note:
    If you do indeed have the mechanical locations of the gantry and z facing in the correct direction and O,O is not at the lower left corner of the table you can reverse the drive directions of the motors by reversing the black and green wires at the connector to the control box. When you do the x motors you must do both, of course, and it is smart to test them one at a time.

The info is on page 4 of "Troubleshooting" in the 2003 Assembly Manual

Thank you both, its all better now 0,0 lower left facing the front like it should be.
    Also found 1 wire on the z was making intermittent contact