Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another version of the coholic table

Good to hear someone else is trying a similar thing out.

Two years on- I have had zero bearing issues, table runs as smooth as you could ask for. The extra weight doesn't hurt one bit.

My only further mod was to use a few more bolts to hold the Starboard plenum to the aluminum deck. When cutting several hours with the vacuum under the table, the heat would cause the plastic to bow slightly between the original bolts.

I can still remove the plenum in a matter of minutes, plug the two vacuum holes, and get setup for clamp down cuts using the t track aluminum top.

The biggest advantage is having the ability to machine sheet goods and be accurate to 5 thousands in depth.

Since I did this mod in summer of 2014 I bet I use the machine 5 times if not more, as much. Very much more of a versatile all around cutting machine.

As promised, although a bit late, here's some pics of my new extruded aluminum table I described in an earlier post. I incorporated all the suggestions made in this forum, and it came out great. Dead flat and square, parallel to the Y axis, smooth operating, and very stable. I've already discovered it has solved some other problems I was having, like uneven spoil board machining. I can't wait to try my indexer on it.

Again, thanks to Andrew and Tom for their example and suggestions. As a result, my build went very smoothly.

Tom
    Buddy Alpha 48-12
    HSD 2.2hp
    6" indexer

Sorry, the pics disappeared. Chalk it up to not understanding the pic post process. I'll try and figure it out. I did notice that when I first tried to upload pics it made them really small - what trick am I missing to make them as large as some I've seen here?

Tom
    Buddy Alpha 48-12
    HSD 2.2hp
    6" indexer

Quote Originally Posted by tomkbud View Post
    Sorry, the pics disappeared. Chalk it up to not understanding the pic post process. I'll try and figure it out. I did notice that when I first tried to upload pics it made them really small - what trick am I missing to make them as large as some I've seen here?

Tom
    I've used photobucket to host pics since I started on the Internet. I've never had an issue and don't bother trying to upload to any forum directly.

Tom
    The picture are small because they are like a thumbnail once clicked on the get larger.

Sorry, but I meant the pics are only 362x272 after clicking the thumbnail.
    Buddy Alpha 48-12
    HSD 2.2hp
    6" indexer

I'm now trying to post the pics larger on Win 10 via Parallels on my mac, after resizing with irfanview as suggested here. Hope they come through this time the correct size.

DSCN0693.jpg DSCN0694.jpg DSCN0697.jpg
    Buddy Alpha 48-12
    HSD 2.2hp
    6" indexer

I'm now trying to post the pics larger on Win 10 via Parallels on my mac, after resizing with irfanview as suggested here. Hope they come through this time the correct size.

DSCN0693.jpg DSCN0694.jpg DSCN0697.jpg
    Pics are fine for me. Looks good. Deja vu!! Lol

Mr. Limpicke, I have bought all the aluminum to complete the table, could you tell what hardware you use to attach the table to the powerstick? Thank you, John