Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Magna UT 2010 Camp ShopBot

Next.. the airports will be closed and Bill P will still be the only one remembering it was 70 in West Palm!
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

Default weather or not...

Au contraire...Actually I DID spend 16 hours in transit trying to get home today, but that wasn't because of the "incidental snow" we had in Utah, ( sure it blew sideways for awhile but nothing I'd call drifting...) It was because of all the rain on the East coast ( which I wasn't anywhere NEAR....) that had air traffic control holding all of us on runways around the country. Can't wait to see what my neighborhood looks like in daylight.....
    "Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality"...The Dalai Lama

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else....." Sir James Barrie

I see some very serious issues with that last post.

1) the Obvious denial, stage 3, almost requires constant professional supervision

2) Obviously does not have any idea of how far reaching the weather wizardry powers can have effect

3) dissorientation, patient doesnt realize home is near East Coast

4) cant remember what daylight looks like.

Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

I think that Bill let us off easy but a few inches of wet sloppy snow is better than nothing. I can say that the southern end of the state has been getting all of our up north snow I am not sure if Bill had anything to do with that.

It was a fun Camp thanks to Bill for coming and for Noel hosting he has great shop with lots of fun ideas. I was fun to meet and talk with the the others and learn some great ideas. Its aways a treat to hear Mike Richards get up to talk about stepper motors, pulses, nano seconds, mysteries of the cosmos etc. it was about like if Carl Sagan ever explained a ShopBot. I am thinking that maybe I could expain how a toaster works.

I am glad that we all got together.

Robert

Well the true test of my "ability" will be in a few weeks when I attempt to bring snow to the 'Botters in Upland, California who rarely get to play in the stuff.....We can flip one of Gabe's trailers and see if it toboggans at all...
    The Magna Camp was a very good one! I asked if anyone had brought some samples of their work for "Show and Tell" and the next thing I knew guys were carrying in BIG pieces of carved artwork, including full doors!
    Noel's shop is very eclectic as he uses a laser for much of his local business, and his display cases had art work carved on everything from bamboo to knife blades...
    All of the attendees joined in on every discussion, and as Robert pointed out above Mike Richards gave a great talk about motors, transformers,power supplies, etc. and he kept (most of it) the talk within our level(s) of understanding...!
    I'd like to thank Noel for hosting, and ALL of the attendees who braved some sloppy weather to be there. Once I get all of the pictures transferred, resized , etc. I'll post them, and the blog later today...
    Last edited by billp; 03-15-2010 at 10:39 AM.

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else....." Sir James Barrie

Default Camp pix and blog are posted

To SEE the pix:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/campsho...7623501306829/
    To READ the Blog:
    http://campshopbot.blogspot.com/2010...p-shopbot.html
    Thanks again to everyone who participated. if I got anyone's name wrong, or missed something please let me know....

It's always good to go to a camp and see what others are doing. Many thanks to Noel for hosting the camp and to Bill for coming to Utah.

Every time I go to a camp I realize that there are a lot of ways to use a Shopbot and a lot of ways to earn a living with a Shopbot.

If you haven't been to a camp, go to one. If you have been to a camp, go again. Between Bill and the 'campers', someone will have a correct answer for any conceivable problem, and it never hurts to make some new friends.

I must say I was extremely impressed with all the items people brought for the show and tell.

The brass work that was shown, absolutely blew me away.

- Noel

Let me add my thanks to Noel for his generous hospitality. It was good to have Bill come and share his vast knowledge of all things Shopbot. I really enjoyed the things people brought to share. It never ceases to amaze me how creative and generous the Shopbot community is. Thanks again to all. I had a great time !!!
    -Lee