Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: killing carpenter ants

diatomaceous earth - make sure it's food grade...(often referred to as "DE")
    Is that what it's called?(diatomaceous earth) I'll go down to our nursery/garden supply and ask for that.thanks

btw i also saw some dead termites on the bark!
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

The garden center may have it but for such stuff the Internet is sometimes easier, e.g.
    here

I used it to dust the basement crawl space with a handheld gravity feed sandblaster gun. Just make sure to wear a respirator or at least a dust mask.

thanks for that link
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Default Internet

I forgot to mention that the best deals are on the internet...we use DE around the foundation along with spent coffee grounds and spray liquid garlic (smells like prince spaghetti day - the smell will dissipate in a day or so) for tics and ants...we have about an acre fenced in for the dogs with lots of trees and we do not experience any tics on the dogs or ants in the house - use to be a real problem...
    Dick
    Aspire 10.5