Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: April 10th in So-Cal

Default April 10th in So-Cal

Well the date is coming near. The shop has been busy, the bot has been running close to 10 hours a day for the last few months. In this day of supposed economic decline we are doing pretty good. I don't have free time to do the things I want, but at least all the bills are paid.

Just wanted to remind everyone that's coming to have your "show and tells" ready. As seen in past camps, it doesn't need to be something particularly "cool" or complicated on the bot. People are fascinated by the simplest things, and people like me, that are math dorks, are amazed at what's possible with faux finishing techniques.

We will have Keith from R&B Tools here talking about some new bits that he's developed. I have a few people coming in to talk about being motivated in the current business climate and how not to let everyone else's "doom and gloom" attitude get you down.

If anyone else wants to get up and say a few words about anything, the floor is open to all. The format will be very open, it's a great chance to network and learn some new skills.

Post up here if you have any questions or want any more info. I will have a Google Maps posting on our website soon, people have a habit of getting lost when trying to get to our shop
    Something about two different "Arrow Highways" and two different "Loma Places" in very close proximity.

Thanks, see you all there,

Gabe Pari
    www.socalteardrops.com

Default time frame?

Hi Gabe,

What's the time frame for the day's events? I'm trying to arrange child care (I usualy have my 2yr old on hand saturdays).

I'd like to come for at least the "show and tell" and hear a couple of presentations.

Whats the best time to come? I can probably make it for about a 4-5 hour block.

Thanks

Chris
    San Diego

Chris,
    The "normal day"Camp schedule has us starting between 8-9 AM with a coffee/donut warmup session. The we get into the topics around 9. We'll run until Noon, have a pizza type lunch, and then continue until about 4PM.
    The Show and Tell stuff is done around the middle of the day, (usually right before or after lunch depending on the progress of the morning sessions/presenters). If you only have 4-5 hours I'd say from 10-2 would be the best time slot.

Thanks Bill,

actually that works out perfectly, I have about a 2hr drive up to ontario, so I can drop off the bubs after breakfast and get back to pick him up for dinner.

I appreciate the info, I have wanted to attend a camp with more local folk. tough with small ones about. so far, I have only been able to make the faire (an annual event my wife plans around).

Chris

Default Interested in attending

Gabe,

I've gone to the last few So Calif Camps and I'm interested in attending this one too. Is there a registration process?

Tom

Tom. I think you're supposed to bring your own ShopBot, other then that, you're good.

Tom,
    Since "Magic" is bringing his machine, the rest of the group won't have to...... I'll add your name to the list today...
    "Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality"...The Dalai Lama

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else....." Sir James Barrie

And I'm trading Bill his hat for my username, either that or (as Bullwinkle would say) "I have to get a new hat".

Default new hat

Yeah the current hat makes you look like a key ring.....
    "Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality"...The Dalai Lama

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else....." Sir James Barrie

That's just my halo.