Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Northwest Camp Shopbot !!!

Please add me too!

Thanks
    Rob

Default Rsvp

Rob,
    Will do ! Again I hope to have hotel info etc. posted as soon as Mike gets back from his vacation, so please keep an eye on this thread for updates...
    "Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality"...The Dalai Lama

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else....." Sir James Barrie

Bill

Any chance you are bringing out a Tyro for us to take a look at? Buy?

Doug

Default Sorry...

You sly rascal.......I have more than enough "interaction"with airport security as it is, and I'd just about HAVE to take it as a carry on since we all know what baggage handlers do in the bowels of an airport to our luggage...So I think I'll opt out for this Camp.
    Actually for those really hungry to learn more I believe it will be appearing at the IWF booth in Atlanta...
    Northwesterners -if any of you will be in town on the Friday night before the Camp we could try to connect and squeeze in some extra hours. I'm staying at the Best Western on 3rd St ,which looks like it's about a mile from Mike's shop, and I have never been to the area, so I'm open to suggestions.
    I will be working on "Rancho Palumbo" this week (leaving in the AM)and so I may have sporadic internet access ( wind direction, strength of Blackberry signal, whether they have the generator turned on at the internet company, etc...) until about the 27th.
    If you have not contacted Mike or myself yet ( either here on the Forum, e-mail, etc.) to let us know you're planning to be there please drop us a note. Thanks !

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else....." Sir James Barrie

Miller Marine Products, Ridgefield Washington

I visited a couple near by hotels today. The motel I would recomend is either the Extended Stay Hotel or the Best Western Inn of Vancouver they are across the street from one another. The Extended Stay has kitchenetes and the Best Western includes a continental breakfast. The Best Western is $67.49 per night queen bed you can call them direct @ 1-888-254-3900 www.bestwestern.com/innofvancouver . The Extended Stay Hotel is $54.99 for a queen call them at 360-604-8530 ext 608. www.extendedstayhotels.com .

If I were to choose one I would pick the Best Western there is also a motel 6 around the corner but I would pick either of the others over the motel 6 and it is not any cheaper. The Best Western is just an average room and they are clean if you want something nicer with a pool and spa I am sure you can find something online.

Here is a map that will get you to the motels and my house from I-205. Let me know if you have any questions.

Mike

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;sour..."></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;sour...27509&amp;z=14" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>
    WWW.MillerMarineProducts.com
    Proto Trak DPM CNC Bed Mill
    Brand X Industrial router
    Sharp SVL-2416SE-M VMC

Miller Marine Products, Ridgefield Washington

Sorry about the map link try this one.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,0.027509&z=15
    WWW.MillerMarineProducts.com
    Proto Trak DPM CNC Bed Mill
    Brand X Industrial router
    Sharp SVL-2416SE-M VMC

Well folks, it won't be long now! It's gettin' close! Can't wait. Russ

Default Northwest Camp

Russ,
    I hope that you, and everyone else planning to attend brings either a sample, or a picture of what you've been up to with your machine(s). "Show and Tell' is where we ALL learn a lot !
    We're still getting responses, and it looks like it's going to be a good group!
    Don't forget to bring a camera...

Default Camp schedule

For those who are new at this,we run a pretty similar schedule for most Camps.
    8-9 AM coffee/donut session so people can find the shop.
    9-4 ( or thereabouts) actual Camp sessions
    We usually have some sort of a fast shop lunch in the middle of the day as well.
    There is no charge to attend any of the Camps we host.
    And I know of at least a few people who will probably stay at the Best Western so maybe we can use that as a focal point if anyone wants to connect Friday evening.
    If you have already let us know your plans, just plan on showing up. If you have not yet contacted us, please do so in the next week or two as the calendar is going to fill up quickly.

8? that's when I get up. some people.