Thread: Nativity Scene profiles

Default Nativity Scene profiles

Client of mine just dropped off about 50' of paper with large scale tracings of a nativity scene. I'm tasked with photographing, tracing and scaling in VCP. Just occurred to me, could save my client some money (and some precious time for me) if we could get our hands on an existing set of dxf's.
    (Cursory search shows a lot of versions. This one is silhouettes with Joseph/Mary praying hands, a small calf, large cow/donkey combo, and a cross buck/straw style manger.)

Any direction towards a good resource for these would be great. Not expecting it for free, but it's amazing how many free dxf patterns are on sale for $150!

Thanks!
    Jeff

I was just at a friends garage and he had a stack of full size patterns and i got to thinking...if you wanted to use those specific patterns i wonder if kinko's or staples has a large format copier where you could digitize them? I know they have large format printers for things like blueprints

Usually around christmas time guys have patterns they share here, i think vectric does something at xmas.
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Hi,

Here is a link to my facebook page of a nativity scene I just finished for our church. If you like it I can send you the files or the dxf files.

Nativity
    Ron Moorehead
    R&S Design
    ShopBot PRS Aphla 48 by 96
    Laserpro Explorer 30 watt
    Universal Laser 50 watt
    3D printer

Quote Originally Posted by myxpykalix View Post
    I was just at a friends garage and he had a stack of full size patterns and i got to thinking...if you wanted to use those specific patterns i wonder if kinko's or staples has a large format copier where you could digitize them? I know they have large format printers for things like blueprints

Usually around christmas time guys have patterns they share here, i think vectric does something at xmas.
    I took some full size plans to Kinko's and had them copy down to fit legal size paper for my scanner so I could import into Aspire to work with. Was mostly straight lines so it worked pretty good after cleaning up.

Have Kinko's or Staples scan them in and put them on a thumb drive. that is how I did. it... Be careful in sharing these files they are copy righted and both parties can get into trouble. I have done all of the sets to that scene... Here is a good tip..take a v bit and follow the paint lines just break the surface enough to show up... this gives you a painting line.
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS IS A LABORER.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS AND HEAD IS A CRAFTSMAN.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS, HIS HEAD AND HIS HEART IS AN ARTIST.
    ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Quote Originally Posted by ron_moorehead View Post
    Hi,

Here is a link to my facebook page of a nativity scene I just finished for our church. If you like it I can send you the files or the dxf files.

Nativity
    Ron your link does not work.. also sent you a p.m.
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

sometimes it seems like I try to act like a copy right police. I am not.. I just do not want any of you to get into trouble.

I had two friends that did get Into big Trouble.

The first had a shop bot and a laser company. (he was the one that got me into buying a shop bot.) He lived in Virginia.. How he got into trouble was with his web site. He actually did not know he was breaking the law. He had all his files as a pdf so his customers could see them.. Turned out others was going on his site and down loading the files... He had to take down his web site, which had cost him quite a bit of money and time to build.

The 2nd Friend had a laser company. He was sharing his files on another site, was warned and he shared another file and got caught.. They took his shop, his equipment and his house plus he had to pay more on top of that. He was in Arkansas.

You have no clue who the person is that you share a file with. You could be sharing it with the company that drew the plan or pattern.. You need to be very careful when sharing a pattern, plan, design, or clip art. Most are copy righted.

The best rule to follow is if you did not draw or design it do not share it.
    Even taking clip art and turning it into 3/d and giving the pattern away is illegal.
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Eugene is correct.

There's lots of good clip-art available at almost no cost. Try Clipart.com for example. Besides Jesus wouldn't be caught stealing files or milking the cow through the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    Eugene is correct.

There's lots of good clip-art available at almost no cost. Try Clipart.com for example. Besides Jesus wouldn't be caught stealing files or milking the cow through the fence.
    The files in question can be purchased for little of nothing.. I think I paid $25.00 for Marry, Joseph, baby Jesus, crib and manger. Then the rest was another $25.00 all I did was take them to Lynn imaging,, had them scan it and place them on my thumb drive and then use the auto trace in aspire.. worked great.
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Let me also say, I'd feel complemented if anyone copied or used any of my signs or concepts. I've posted lots of these over the years and they are, as far as I'm concerned free to the general public.

Thirty years ago I received a certified letter from Mercedes and another one from VW . These corporate folks were nice to deal with but were not kidding and let me know, in no uncertain terms, what they intended to do. Don't remember exactly but it seems skinning or something like that was in the offins. Those signs were removed immediately once my attorney let me know how I had infringed on their rights.

I feel the same way about using fonts that have been pinched from Lettering Artists. These boys deserve our respect so please don't steal from them. Yes I know the Chinese are doing it all the time but that's no model to follow.

Not a month goes by when I don't get a call or two smothered with nice complements wondering what font I used on a sign wondering if I'd send them a font copy.

Joe