Thread: Just figured out that Aspire is only 32bit

Unhappy Just figured out that Aspire is only 32bit

So I am trying to create a tool path for an area 23"x65" with some 3D elements and I get the out of memory error. This is on my CAD machine Win7 x64.

When the error/failure occurs I have 12G physical mem available +-100M. It seems that when Aspire uses >4G you are SOL. 32bit apps can only address 4G. Kind of a headache. Maybe I am the only one who cares.

I request that Aspire be made 64bit so it can address more than 4G of ram in a process. On the plus side when creating it does seem to engage all 8 CPU cores either deliberately or through some OS magic.

In the attached image the toolpath is for the inside of the extruded 'frame' 1/8 tapered @ 4%

Lurkers: The workaround is to split the area into smaller sections. Lame I know but at least you are up and running again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Once a person moves away from the computer and CNC some of the most important work begins." ~Joe Crumley

The next version will be 64-bit. I'm still surprised that you had a memory issue on that project though. I've pulled 500Mb+ files into the 32-bit version on a Win7 64 no problem.

If I were machining that, I would put a boundary around the detailed parts and only cut them with a 1/8 or 1/16 ball.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

That is the way I had it but there was a little ripple at the crossover from the 1/8 on the detail parts and the 1/2 ball for the pillow-ish expanse. I wanted to make the virtual cut with one bit to see if it was an artifact of where the two cuts met or something else.

As it is cutting on the machine right now I expanded my detail work boundaries about .1 and it cleaned up the ripple. So the lions share of the 3d is 1/2 ball and the fine work is a 1/8 followed by 1/16.

So glad the next version is 64bit! Now I will have a serviceable reason to upgrade from 4.0
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Once a person moves away from the computer and CNC some of the most important work begins." ~Joe Crumley

That's odd, I've done several 400Mb+ files as well with no issues with a Win7 64 and 8gb mem.

Large expanses of flat areas do take more time/resources to calculate/render.

Make sure you have the latest version with Help/Check for updates also.
    Scott