Thread: need technician

Default need technician

I need a cnc router technician that can help me finalize my set up of a shop bot that we bought used. It is all physically set up, just need final software and all installed. Does anyone know of anyone in the Wichita, KS area??

What software do you need if nit is the Shopbot control software you can download it from the Shopbot web site. We can walk you through the steps if need be.

lareina,
    Shopbot maintains a list of shopbot owners who are willing to give demo's of their units for a sales fee. It is possible that some of those same people would be willing to make a "service call". I would suggest you call Shopbot and ask if there are anyone of those demonstrators close that you could contact.
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

I have the software, I need to have someone come and make it all work together now that it is set up.

I have called shop bot and they want to charge me 735 a day plus travel and expenses to send someone from texas

in your area I would see if I could contact Gary Beckwith. I am not sure if Gary still has a ShopBot, but he is VERY knowledgeable with the ShopBots and CNC in general.

Your shopbot should have come with a manual. If not you can download it off of the web. It has an excellent section that holds your hand a tells you step by step how to get it running and how to surface your spoil board.

If you are going to get anything out of your tool eventually you are going to have to learn something about the workings and the control software. This is a perfect time to do it!

The folks on this forum are one of the best resources on the internet.

Gary Beckwith
    beckwithdecor.com
    Ken Zey
    Lookout Mercantile / Digital Millwork
    Rogers, AR
    www.CedarSlabSigns.com
    www.lookoutmercantile.com
    www.digitalmillwork.com

6x12 PRS alpha

Last night I talked her through the loading of the software and firmware we did get it to move and jog home but she is having problems with the e stop triggering. It is an PRSAlpha with 2 heads and my machine is a standard woth one head so I wasn't sure about the e stop. I told her to call Shopbot to get the e stop worked out and said to post any more problems here.

Quote Originally Posted by zeykr View Post
    Gary Beckwith
    beckwithdecor.com
    OMG, this guy is my neighbor!!! lol