Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "stop on"

Default "stop on"

I recently had a power outage to the breaker panel that feeds my shopbot. After having an electrician look over the panel I have powered on today to find that the 3-button pendant is not working properly. The number for input #4 is RED. When i release the E-stop and press the reset button input #4 becomes highlighted, but the number itself stays RED. Output #4 then turns off. When i attempt to utilize any kind of motion i get a warning that tells me to "reset the stop button." Also, after i press reset i get a warning graphic in the control window that say "STOP ON" in red and yellow.

I have checked the box, everything is connected properly as well as nothing seems to be damaged from the power outage. Does anyone have an understanding or experience with this issue?

Had this happen.
    Try redownlaoding your drivers.
    Kyle Stapleton
    River Falls Renaissance Academy
    Math/Technology Education Teacher

PRS Alpha 96x60 2.2 hp spindle, Double Air drills, 6" indexer, Fein 5 zone vac table
    Desktop w/spindle
    Potter Pen
    Aspire 8.5, Creo 3.0

Most of the limit switches are on the same circuit. Run the machine past your x and y limits and the one that is stuck will likely unstick itself.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the control software. I have run all of the updates and still no change. Since i cant get the gantry to move I used a wrench to trigger the proximity sensors which reset the stop/reset temporarily in the software, but overall didnt change anything. When i release the E-stop and press "reset" button i still get the "Stop On" icon in the control window along with Input 4 still having a red number and input 3 having a yellow number.

Kenny: It sounds like a wiring issue. Make sure all your leads, especially the grounds, are properly secured at the control box again. Make sure you do not have a pinched line somewhere between the switches and the control box.
    I assume you have shut everything down, left it off for 30 seconds or so, and rebooted.

Make sure your number 4 input for the E stop is set correctly in values VN my defaults to normally closed but my stop is normally open also the limit inputs may be wrong You could go into tools and run the setup.

How often do you use your estop?
    If it is almost never you may need to clean/fix the button.

This also happened the first time we hit the estop after the bot was sitting for a long time.
    Kyle Stapleton
    River Falls Renaissance Academy
    Math/Technology Education Teacher

PRS Alpha 96x60 2.2 hp spindle, Double Air drills, 6" indexer, Fein 5 zone vac table
    Desktop w/spindle
    Potter Pen
    Aspire 8.5, Creo 3.0

Thank you all for you help and input. Ultimately I had to reset to factory settings. Something with the power outage caused causing the system to shutdown improperly resulted in the default values being reset and some options no longer available to manually reset. With the factory reset everything is back up and running.

Default same issues

My router wont start when i load a tool path. however if i do the command SO 1 it runs fine. starting like it should and stopping like it should. The input lights 2 and 3 are both red and green. If i hit the estop it flashes bright red

I half way think that the problem is in my key, but i dont know that for sure. Everyone keeps talking about a reset button in the control box of the buddy prs, but where is it.

Any suggestions?

Do a tr command and click on the rpm and see if there is a 1 in the set up sheet