Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "stop on"

Default reset button

Not sure what machines the reset button is on. I have a buddy 32, prs standard.

I have cut several tool paths since i have noticed a problem. but most were successfully after i executed the SO 1 command.

I need to do a large 3-d cutting starting today. I will start the roughing today after rebooting everything. I will report back what i see.

FYI i never trusted 3.8 control software and i am still running 3.6. can anyone say that the latest version of 3.8 is working properly?

Not sure why i did this but i did do it right before my problem. I moved my post processor in and out of different folders in an effort to only have the shopbot arcs inch PP in aspire. i have now moved all pp back into PostP folder. It does not make sense but could i have damaged the PP during these moves?

The Post Processors are checked each time Aspire/VCarve starts so if there was an error it would show up straight away.

Which version of Aspire/VCarve are you using?

With the latest versions you don't need to copy all the Post Processors out. You just create a folder called My_PostP in the Application Data area (from the file menu) and put the Post Processor you want to use in there and restart.
    The answers to a lot of questions can be found at http://www.shopbottools.com/ShopBotDocs/ or http://support.vectric.com/

Reset is for engaging the drivers when you turn the control box on. Perhaps you're thinking of 'Resetting the defaults' for your machine. This being all the values and settings back to factory defaults. I can't see any of those as the culprit.

You could just direct plug the router in to get this job done and trouble shoot the connection when things are less critical. You run a lot of long run time 3D files, how are the brushes in your router?

The last few 3.8.XX versions have been quite troublesome for me, YMMV.
    Scott

Default aspire 3.5

I am using aspire 3.5. I know that there will be an update soon and when the new one comes out i will buy it. I know that i get upgrades for a year but i am still going to wait.

On my way to change the brushes right now.

The router ran fine using the SO 1 command and plugged straight into an extension. I am going to look into the box and blow it out again.

I saw several posts regarding a reset button but never knew if there was one and if there was, where was it.

Rick…
    Any chance you changed the bit number?
    SG

Default bit number

I dont have a tool changer so i dont that is an issue. A few years back i was accidentally using the tool changer post processor and then i had my bits numbered. Then i found out my mistake. Just changed my brushes and about to do another file in the next few minutes and will know then how its working.

Default good news???

It appears that i am up and running but i dont know why. The brushes were about 60 percent worn and normally i take them down more than that. But remember the router was starting when it was directly plugged into an extension cord. But when i was replacing them i found that my grounding wire on one brush was somewhat loose. Still dont think that was the issue.

I ran the router into all stops and they worked perfectly.

I used a leaf blower to blow out the control box. Dont know how so much saw dust got in there, see comment below about gremlins.

I have run one tool path successfully and have started the second.

I think perhaps that i had gremlins in my garage messing with me.

Thanks to everyone for your comments, i thought for sure that something was broken.

Default Rats

I was 90 percent through roughing and i started missing steps and destroyed a fifty dollar piece of wood. this has nothing to do with my prior issues. my bit could have been sharper and i was pushing it a little hard.

Default gggrrrrr

I finished my 3-d plaque just fine, turned key off, changed bits, loaded tool path for v carving and the router did not come on. I played with the key, so-1 command and finally up and running again. Next tool path did not call for changing bits so i never turned the key off. The router ran fine. Now i am thinking the switch. Has anyone ever replaced one and i have to assume that they come from shopbot.