Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hang out with the cool kids in San Mateo!

Default Hang out with the cool kids in San Mateo!

We've had a bunch of fun as a sponsor and participant in our first two Maker Faires, especially since they are so different from the formal Trade Shows that we usually participate in. We really look at them as an educational event more than a sales event (though we never object to selling a ShopBot or two!), and a big part of that has been for Maker Faire attendees to have the opportunity to talk to local ShopBot owners and see what we do with these neat machines.

At the Austin Maker Faire, Wayne Locke, Mike Kelley, Don Chapman, James and JoAnne Gilliam, Rob Bell, Neville Stewart, and Grant Bailey helped us out in the booth and people really enjoyed being able to talk to them about what sorts of things they did. This worked out so well for everyone that we're looking for a couple of ShopBotter volunteers for our booth at the San Mateo Maker Faire on May 3rd and 4th...basically just to talk to folks about what you do with your ShopBot. We'll make sure you get fed and clothed (well...actually just a tshirt), give you some show-and-tell space to show off what you do, and guarantee that you'll have some fun and get a chance to meet some very interesting people. And we promise we won't monopolize your time...just a couple of hours is fine...so you'll still have plenty of time to see the rest of the Maker Faire.

If you're interested in hanging out with us in San Mateo, drop us an email at campshopbot(at)shopbottools(dot)co m and we'll get back in touch with more details.

Bill

(edited to give correct dates)

Bill, I just noticed the Maker Faire is on the 3rd & 4th, is there a Shopbot gathering the day before? or is is Cocktails by the light of the Torchmate for insiders on the 2nd :-)

NEV,
    We'll be having a " User Group" on the Friday (2nd)before the Maker Faire, similar to what we did in Austin last year. There will be more info coming in the next few weeks as they get their lineup established out in San Mateo.

Hey guys,

Sorry, I got the dates messed up. Neville is correct... the dates for the Maker Faire are the 3rd and 4th of May, with the User's Group on Friday the 2nd.

Bill

(I KNEW I should have gotten Palumbo to do this!)

Bill said: "We'll make sure you get fed and clothed (well...actually just a tshirt)"

So, just to clarify... We SHOULD bring pants??

See you guys there!

Well....Martha made me promise that I wouldn't mention this, but May 2nd IS "No Pants Day"!

http://www.nopantsday.com/wp/

Bill

Well that settles it, no pants. Should be an interesting weekend ;)

Gabe "Good thing the wife isn't coming this time" Pari

(Martha's going to kill me for this one!)

Bill

Pants, or no pants the San Mateo,CA User Group/Maker Faire is fast approaching. For those coming in from out of town you can find hotel info on the Maker Faire web page; http://www.makerfaire.com/
    The Crowne Plaza will be our "headquarters" again, but the User Group activities will all take place at the San Mateo Fairgrounds.
    And remember, if you attend the Friday (May 2nd) User Group you will "earn" yourself a pass to the weekend ( May 3/4) Maker Faire. You MUST attend on Friday to obtain this pass, as there will be NO exceptions made...
    We're still trying to get the full schedule squared away, but if you have attended any of these events before I'm sure you know that it will be time well spent...

Are any of you guys coming to San Mateo from the South Bay? I have an 8-foot piece I'd like to bring with me (along with smaller pieces), but I can't fit it in my car. If any of you have space in your trucks and are coming up US-101 or I-280, please let me know.

Ari.