Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: LH Vacuum motors on side?

Quote Originally Posted by barrowj View Post
    Dave/Gerald,

Have you cut your box yet? I was working to change the "Vac box" file I downloaded from a previous thread and there are a few issues that I was trying to work out. The biggest issue was the 2 inner sides that need to be cut on both sides and since I don't have a vac system yet, also needing to add tabs. Just thought we could save some time if we shared what we have to put into one good final cut final and share it with the forum.

Joe
    Hi Joe,
    when I cut my box without vacuum I held it in place with screws.
    Tim
    Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks
    www.TLCW.us

Dave,

I understand, my day job has kept me busy these last 2 weeks so I haven't gone out to the shop that much. I already ran an extra circuit when I bought my shopbot so I'm good to go there. Just need to take the time to clean up the file and and tabs so I can cut the box. I have just decided to take the time to redraw it for 2 motors instead of 4, really don't think I need to worry about 4. I will take pics and post here when I do get it all done.

Joe
    2005 PRT Alpha 48x96
    2013 Colombo 3hp spindle
    Indexer (converted lathe)
    Aspire 9.0

Hi Joe, I've not finalized my design yet. I'm wrestling with about three right now.
    Shopbot Buddy BT48-12z alpha
    2', 4', 8' Powersticks
    Shopbot indexer
    Shopbot airdrill
    4hp HSD spindle
    Aspire 4.5

Oops hit the send key by mistake and the 10 minute cutoff crept up on me too quickly. Here's the rest.

Hi Joe,
    I've not finalized my design yet. I'm wrestling with about three right now.
    1. Because I have a Buddy, mine need to work with three power sticks so I'm leaning toward actually mounting a single vac pump directly onto the end of the power stick such that it can be locked on or removed in a jiffy and tapped directly into torsion box modules on any of the power sticks. This way, I'd have no plumbing, no box and only have an electric cord to deal with rather than having a vac hose dragging back and forth. Trouble is I would prefer 2 in series so more complicated as it will take some plumbing and, therefore an enclosure.
    2. My next option is mounting series based unit in an existing, sound insulated outbuilding with my cyclone. I may not even need a box in that case - just go with a version of Brady's earliest "PVC" design.
    3. Go more tried and true conventional box with a long hose to quick-connects to the powersticks.

I'll certainly post what I'm up to but just back in from hospital after putting my back out and they've told me to expect to accomplish little physically for 2-3 weeks. Lot's of time to plan and share what info I can!
    Shopbot Buddy BT48-12z alpha
    2', 4', 8' Powersticks
    Shopbot indexer
    Shopbot airdrill
    4hp HSD spindle
    Aspire 4.5

Ok, Here is a link to the two sheets I just finished toolpathing. Going to Depot tomorrow on my way in to the shop. My 2 Vac Motors came in late today.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qc7rbr0pb3...20Box.zip?dl=0

Thank you to Gary Campbell and Daren LaBranche for making these files available on the forum. And thank you to everyone else helping us along the way also.

Dave

P.S. There files are from a shared folder in my Dropbox. I will prob delete this shared folder after a while. If this link becomes unavailable and anyone wants to use it in the futre, just message me I would be glad to send it.

Dave,

Thanks, really a great help. My day job has kept me so tied up lately with all of the outages we've had that I just haven't had time to go to the shop. Only question I have is I don't see the toolpath for side b of the 2 boards to be machined on both sides? Not that I can't create them, just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something as I checked for a separate layer too.

Joe
    2005 PRT Alpha 48x96
    2013 Colombo 3hp spindle
    Aspire 9.0

Here are the Flip-Op's files that I used.
    I did enlarge the exhaust holes to be more oval shaped to allow room for the flex connector to attach. 1.5" connectors from HD.
    Box is built, doing electrics now. I will post some pictures when complete.
    Just remove the .pdf and check everything before running. No warranty is expressed or implied.

Regards
    Mark
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards
    Mark Owen
    Woodpecker Manufacturing

Mark,

They look great, I like the exhaust holes. Now I have everything I need to cut the box this weekend, just have to goto HD and start getting my pipe and connectors. Electric was run I rewired my shop for the ShopBot so I should be finished by the end of next week. That is if my day job is quiet next week.

Joe
    2005 PRT Alpha 48x96
    2013 Colombo 3hp spindle
    Aspire 9.0

Quote Originally Posted by barrowj View Post
    Dave,

Thanks, really a great help. My day job has kept me so tied up lately with all of the outages we've had that I just haven't had time to go to the shop. Only question I have is I don't see the toolpath for side b of the 2 boards to be machined on both sides? Not that I can't create them, just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something as I checked for a separate layer too.

Joe
    I'm not sure what happened with that either. It still will preview when you preview the cut. I am just checking over my cut files again now before I start cutting. I just hurried in and out of Depot today, only got two sheets and rolled. Will have to go back for all the other hardware, pvc and filter. I think I am gonna try to make a airfilter like John Coryat made. They look nice.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by signexpress View Post
    Ok, Here is a link to the two sheets I just finished toolpathing. Going to Depot tomorrow on my way in to the shop. My 2 Vac Motors came in late today.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qc7rbr0pb3...20Box.zip?dl=0

Thank you to Gary Campbell and Daren LaBranche for making these files available on the forum. And thank you to everyone else helping us along the way also.

Dave

P.S. There files are from a shared folder in my Dropbox. I will prob delete this shared folder after a while. If this link becomes unavailable and anyone wants to use it in the futre, just message me I would be glad to send it.

I just found errors in my toolpaths so I deleted the file in my dropbox since I cant edit my post and remove it. Guess I should have waited to the end after my mistakes are done.....
    I will take pics along the way and post them when done.