Thread: Maine Camp Shopbot Apr 5

Default Maine Camp Shopbot Apr 5

We are in the final phases of setting the schedule for a new Camp location- Bonnie Eagle High School, in Standish, ME.
    Don Denico, and Bill Thorpe are trying to lock in the date on the school calendar as I type, but tentatively we are looking at Saturday April 5th ,2008 for this event.Don has an excellent facility at his school, and we're hoping to have some of his students attend the Camp as our guests as well.
    Once we finalize the date I will confirm it on this thread, but we wanted to get the Camp/location posted early enough to allow maximum planning time for those in the area.
    Contact info will also appear here shortly, but in the meantime if anyone has specific questions, or requests you can contact me at; campshopbot@shopbottools.com

My apologies for not posting sooner that this Camp date/location have been confirmed ! We were just waiting for approval from the school district.
    I have been getting responses at the Camp mailbox, and forwarding this info, but I neglected to update this thread.....
    SO if you are planning to attend the Camp please get back to us at the camp mailbox- campshopbot@gmail.com and tell us that you'll be attending.

Hi Everyone! The Maine camp is fast approaching. Our camp councilor is gearing up. The pieces are beginning to fit. The camp is going to be held on April 5th at the Boney Eagle High School 700 Saco Rd Standish ME the school is located just north of the intersection of Route 22 and 35 on Rte 22. The school is approximately a 20minute drive off Exit 47 of the Maine Turnpike about 2 miles north of Portland.

We are looking for suggestions "what do you want to see and learn about" Perhaps we can tailor some of our time for some specialized discussion. We are also considering setting up 2 or more focus groups that could concentrate on some subjects of interest. Let me know what you think.

If anyone needs additional information please e-mail me at the address in my profile

If anyone needs hotel info let me know. There are several located just off the exit of the Maine Turnpike.

Just a reminder the Maine camp date is coming up fast. Bill P. is bringing his bag of tricks along with a few new ones. If you plan to attend let us know so we can plan for refresments etc.

As Bill T. has pointed out we need some feedback so we can plan for this Camp. I've already heard from a number of people about attending, but if you have not done so yet just drop us a note at- campshopbot@gmail.com and let us know that you plan to be there.
    So far we've had requests to get into the following areas;
    the use of vacuum
    3D carving
    software options
    mold making
    boat building
    so we'll cover these topics, and a few others (if you have a specific area of interest try to get back with us soon so we can try to accommodate you).
    I've also got a few new gadgets and goodies to show off as well so it will be a full day.
    The coffee/donut session will be between 8-9AM.
    Main topics start at 9.
    We'll have a Shopbot sponsored lunch
    And we'll run until you've had enough info to keep you busy for awhile (usually between 4-5 PM).

Thanks Bill, and all who contributed...great time!

Thanks to all who attended the camp. It was a great time. There were some great show and tell items. I'm sure Bill P will be posting some camp photos in the next few days.

Thanks to Don Denico who along with his wife prepared a fantastic lunch and to Bill Palumbo who did an excellent presentation.

My turn to thank both our host Don Denico, AND Bill Thorpe for all their help in getting this Camp together. It was a pretty diverse group, and we covered a lot of ground. I've posted the blog on our Camp page at- http://campshopbot.blogspot.com/
    and we should have a bunch of pictures posted on the Flickr page; http://www.flickr.com/photos/campshopbot tomorrow Morning.

Thanks Bill for all the great information and many thanks to Don for hosting us and the GREAT lunch!