Thread: Running jog commands only.

Default Running jog commands only.

Is there any way to execute a file and run only the jog commands? To ensure that I don't hit any clamps, I have been opening up the file in editor and doing a search for J3 commands. I take the first one then in the command box type in the coordinates so I can see the router move exactly where it will when the file runs. I then search for the next J3, then do the same. This way I have visually seen all the jog commands in a certain file and can modify them if any of the paths might cross a clamp.

What I would like to do is run the file with the router off, skip all the move commands, and just run the jog commands automatically without having to enter each one manually.

Phil

Would that do what you want though as the jog would be from the end point of the previous jog not from the end point of the previous move.
    The answers to a lot of questions can be found at http://www.shopbottools.com/ShopBotDocs/ or http://support.vectric.com/

Depending on the file, yes, there would be some places where I would want it to start from the end of the series of move commands, not the previous jog command. For the most part though, it would still be very beneficial to me.

Phil

If you look at the toolpath preview in VCP/Aspire or SB3, the jog moves are red and cut moves are blue. If you hold your cursor in any area, the coordinates where your cursor is at is shown at the bottom of the screen. You can quickly note any location and verify it with clamp locations on the table. You could also draw and pocket any clamp locations to give you a reference in the toolpath preview. Just preview those and then turn off them while leaving other toolpaths on. You'll be able to see if any jogs cross the clamp locations.
    Scott

Might be able to make a modified version of your post processor that did not write the move commands.
    Ken Zey
    Lookout Mercantile / Digital Millwork
    Rogers, AR
    www.CedarSlabSigns.com
    www.lookoutmercantile.com
    www.digitalmillwork.com

6x12 PRS alpha

If I wanted to do this, I'd import the file into excel as a comma delimited file. I'd insert a row to the left of all the commands and fill it with numbers; 1 on the 1st line,2,3... all the way to the end of the file. I would then select every column with text in htem and perform a sort. My primary sort column would be column B containing the M and J commands and my second would be Column A with the line numbers I just created. You'd likely find that the lines are now sorted with C commands at the top followed by J commands and the M commands. Just delete everything but the rows containing J commands. Delete column A and then reexport as a comma delimited file. Change the extension on that file from csv to sbp and execute the program. All of your jogs will be executed in the order they were originally written in your program.