Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with translation please

Default Help with translation please

My name is Justin I'm 20 year veteran cabinet maker at a small 3 man shop here in Racine, Wi. I've been using shopbot and its affiliated software since 2007, mainly for cabinet parts and the occasional simple sign. Things have gone well with the machine and software until now. I decided to produce some 2d vector drawings needed for components of my bbq\smoker personal project. I have invested more than 50hrs designing and redesigning parts. Now I realize that I cannot export dxf files to send to a friends waterjet to cut the steel plate I need for the smoker. Is there anybody out there with the upgraded PartWizard software that exports dxf that could help me? I have three files under 170 KB that require dxf export. I would certainly compensate anyone for their time and trouble. Maybe a rack of ribs frozen for transport. LOL
    Please email me for files,as I cannot upload .art files or post with alternate suggestions.
    Thanks, Justin

Default help

you have mail

Hi Justin,

I'm not sure what format PartWizard saved files in. I'm not sure any version exported to DXF. The upgrade would probably be VCarve Pro, but I have no idea if that will import PartWizard files...

What option do you have on the, "Save As", menu?

One possible option, though not pretty, is to use the ShopBot converter to translate the .sbp toolpath file to DXF, but it will include the jogs, rtc., and will require substantial cleanup.

I do have several programs that import and export a lot of file formats. I could give it a try, if you like - easy enough, if VCarve or Aspire will import the PartWizad file, but once again, I have no idea...
    Ron Sloan

I have the latest VCarve Pro and it will export selected vectors in EPS, DXF, AI and SVG. Be happy to be of help.

Joe
    2005 PRT Alpha 48x96
    2013 Colombo 3hp spindle
    Indexer (converted lathe)
    Aspire 9.0

I think he may have Partswizard that was a Delcam product.

I'll hook you up...Send me an email with your file attached.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

All files were created in PartWizard 3.2 As for the "save as", my only option allowed was ".art". I have become so accustomed to PartWizard now its hard to change. I won't let this problem happen again though. I'm currently teaching myself a free 2D autocad from Siemens called Solid Edge ST7. Thanks to all with timely posts and PM's. This site is an embarrassment of riches that I was not previously aware.

Hi Justin,

Now you've got my curiosity up. Mind posting one of your .art files? Probably needs to be zipped first...

I'd like to see what I can do with it.
    Ron Sloan

Ron - they are already done. They can only be translated with ArtCAM Pro.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

" Heee's Baaaaack!!!"
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine