Thread: wix.com

Default wix.com

just started doing our website on www.wix.com
    really makes it easy to edit and change things yourself.
    they have templates you can use which are easy to change.
    they can help you through any problems you have and have good tutorials.
    this is the latest one we did
    www.signmakers.biz which i make changes daily.
    i never knew i would have a website 40 years ago or i would have taken more photos. i probably only have 600 photos on the site when i could have had 10,000 or more to choose from.

also working on www.churchthemerooms.com and other sites as well.

Thanks for posting Dick!
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Thanks for posting - your site looks great - which template did you start with?

jeff

cant remember which one but changing the elements is very easy.
    can create a simple page if i know where my jpgs are stored in a few minutes time.
    then save and publish. the hard part is the putting in the mail servers info from godaddy but they can help you with that. they have alot of videos.

i added a page today and changed two pages.
    the learning curve is easy once you have edtied one page then it is easy to add and edit more. just be careful you unselect show on all pages or every page shows what is on every page.

Dick sent pm. Russ
    AKA: Da Train Guy

Default Nicely done!

Thanks for the post! Reminds me that I need to get some website work done too! I took a look at the sign website. Very well laid out site, looking good so far. I noticed That some of the yellow buttons at the bottom overlapped, but it may have been due to the small screen on my phone. Might be a compression/sizing issue?
    PRS Alpha 96-60
    HSD 4hp Quick change spindle, HSK toolholders
    Air Drill
    6 zone vacuum table

the attachment shows what my wix control panel looks like. i just select the page i want on left then i can replace, add, link, edit anything, change so many things.
    then hit preview and if i like it go back to editor and save it then hit publish and it is done.
    i work in corel draw to do about everything and use photo sites like dreamstime.com to buy photos and clipart that i use for the site and for other graphics as well.
    what i like is your seeing everything live as you change it just like you are designing a sign on your monitor.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i have attached the control panel feature i see when i click on my photo i get a pop up with options and i chose organize photos and it takes me here. this is where i upload photos to wix and i can keep them in folders in the control panel you see. the photos reside at the wix site not on my computer. you can upload pdfs, html liinks. it is easy to link a photo to a pdf or link. once you have everything uploaded to control panel for pdf i get them online and then open them in adobe pro which allows me to paste a logo stamp anywhere i want and save them optomized.. i make the photos 2'' high save as a jpg 300 dpi but i use the optomize feature and save as rgb..

Thanks for going into detail Dick!
    Got 2 other people following this thread and working on a Wix site for us
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Wife bought this scanner for her family photos. I used it today to scan about 100 more photos for website. It is fast and perfect for website wirk and does not cost much.