Thread: Tic Tac Toe

Default Tic Tac Toe

Been making some of the tic tac toe boards featured for Christmas on the Vectra site. Had a good time making these and my dad (lives in PA, 84 years young ) is giving them away like crazy!! Sent him 3 - then 12 - now 20 more! Making them using spalted oak with clear, and maple for the painted ones.
    http://vectriclabs.blogspot.co.uk/20...ristmas-1.html
    Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks
    www.TLCW.us

Very nice Tim , I made one out of Corian , gonna have to make some more and paint em like yours .

Looks good Herb, I have a lady painting them for me and we have found that the paint is a little thick so I had to enlarge the cutout in the base so they would fit.
    Tim
    Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks
    www.TLCW.us

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

Herb
    What type bit did you use on corian and what feed and speed rates did you use? I have a pocketed sign to do out of corian . My cut depth is .15 and I would like to use a 2 flute quarter inch bit . any suggestions on a feed and speed for this ? Thank you Gene

Gene,
    Start slow and then add in speed as needed. I would use an Onsrud bit. The sharpest looking one in my pile.

I rarely cut Corian, but when I do......... I cut it on the Bot.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by gene View Post
    Herb
    What type bit did you use on corian and what feed and speed rates did you use? I have a pocketed sign to do out of corian . My cut depth is .15 and I would like to use a 2 flute quarter inch bit . any suggestions on a feed and speed for this ? Thank you Gene
    Gene , that was the first time I cut corian on my machine , although I have routed it before on the router table . I used a 1/4" 2 flute spiral down , I believe it was a Southeast Tool bit , I was @ 80 IPM and .125 depth per pass , I had the router speed dial to about 12000rpm , since it was first time on machine I went slow , cut fine could have went faster on the feed .

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

Thank You very much

Thumbs up Too cool

Those are awesome! One more thing to try on my list, thanks for sharing
    "I am always doing that which I cannot do so that I may learn to do it" paraphrased from Pablo Picaso