Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Giving it your all

Doug,

Please don't think anyone wants to put a craftsman down. What I'd like to see is the work of anyone, no matter what the level. Doesn't matter if person has a jig saw or a million dollar set-up. This only about positive creative growth.

Join in if you wish.

Joe

Let me take my hat off to Shopbot for being so generous by opening up this forum to all kinds of artists and craftsmen. This forum is responsible for the launch of all kinds of businesses by the introduction of their CNC machines. It's been a milestone for many of us. Without this forum, I wouldn't have been able to move my sign business along as I have.

There's a community here. A place to make friends and share information and build life long relationships. Some of my best friends are from here.

Joe

Joe i have learned alot from you including communcation skills.
    one thing you mention i keep forgetting to do is include photos and drawings.
    i know what i am saying without them but probably no one else does. Maybe my wife.

Thank You Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    Let me take my hat off to Shopbot for being so generous by opening up this forum to all kinds of artists and craftsmen. This forum is responsible for the launch of all kinds of businesses by the introduction of their CNC machines. It's been a milestone for many of us. Without this forum, I wouldn't have been able to move my sign business along as I have.

There's a community here. A place to make friends and share information and build life long relationships. Some of my best friends are from here.

Joe
    I echo your sentiments, well said.
    For anyone interested, I have 100's of pics of my works here
    http://www.camheads.org/search.php?searchid=604875

Many here http://forum.vectric.com/search.php?...=7696&sr=posts [some are repeats].

I don't post much of my work here because I don't own a shopbot and figure it would be generally in bad form to post product made on other machines.
    I couldn't resist one thread though, 3d plexiglas work is unique and not well known, so I figured a thread about it might inspire others to try
    http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18228

Hand made things, don't think I have posted any of that on CNC forums for obvious reasons. I can only repeat, I don't think handmade vs machine are mutually exclusive, I don't think one has any lock of creativity of self fulfillment over the other.
    Thats me, others are more than free to differ. But to post a link that says "Who would want something made on a machine ??" on a CNC forum, strikes me as odd.

Doug,

Where did you read on this forum "Who would want something made on a machine?

Joe Crumley
    www.normansignco.com

This thread crossing a few streets...custom works, production works, hobby works. so I looking at it from custom, production standpoint. Shop needs to make a profit so we starting to combine the 2 methods...CNC machining and hand work...on same parts...a lot comes into play here...some stuff off machine and finishing technique looks hand made...some stuff not...we always looking for new ways to produce product client needs with efficiency...like "star" panel I showed...
    Vector Studio 22

Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    Doug,

Where did you read on this forum "Who would want something made on a machine?

Joe Crumley
    www.normansignco.com
    Joe, that was one of the things said on the posted video link, no one here said it.
    I don't even take that much issue with the statement he made, everyone is entitled to their opinion and pride in craftsmanship ... But quite obviously, there is a decent market for machine made goods as well, and you also get a sense of pride from making something nice by machine is all I'm sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Xray View Post
    I echo your sentiments, well said.
    For anyone interested, I have 100's of pics of my works here
    http://www.camheads.org/search.php?searchid=604875

Many here http://forum.vectric.com/search.php?...=7696&sr=posts [some are repeats].

I don't post much of my work here because I don't own a shopbot and figure it would be generally in bad form to post product made on other machines.
    I couldn't resist one thread though, 3d plexiglas work is unique and not well known, so I figured a thread about it might inspire others to try
    http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18228

Hand made things, don't think I have posted any of that on CNC forums for obvious reasons. I can only repeat, I don't think handmade vs machine are mutually exclusive, I don't think one has any lock of creativity of self fulfillment over the other.
    Thats me, others are more than free to differ. But to post a link that says "Who would want something made on a machine ??" on a CNC forum, strikes me as odd.
    http://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.p...inese+machines
    Vector Studio 22

Quote Originally Posted by signexpress View Post
    Doug,
    Have you ever owned a SB?

Comments and PICS are always encouraged here.

Dave
    No, came close but pulled the trigger on something else, sure would not rule out blue in the future.
    I'd feel awkward posting many pics of my works here, I think some would be offended. Lot of knowledgeable guys here which is why I like to browse and occasionally post. At the root, we all have much in common no matter what machine is being used, 90% if not more of methods are identical.
    A fraternity can exist between brands, nonetheless I respect sensitivities, and understand the need to keep any chatter about competing brands to a minimum.

Ok, gotta ask, what about it ?

"A fraternity can exist between brands, nonetheless I respect sensitivities, and understand the need to keep any chatter about competing brands to a minimum."

...really

I think I have proved beyond a doubt your comments from this Vectric thread...

Yes...a Fraternity can exist between brands...that's why this thread and comments are still up...
    Vector Studio 22