Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stop button

Angry stop button

I must be very tired. i am new to shopbot here in Butte mt. i am try ing (unsuccessfully to get our schoolup and running. this is the message i am getting.
    " the remote stop button connected to input #4 appears to be ON and needs to be checked"
    the other message is to reste the stop button. can anybody help? this is very frustrating as I teach at a high school
    Work smarter, not harder

Check that the red E-stop button is reset, not pushed in. Give it a twist to make sure it has popped out. Also, depending on your machine, you must push the reset button on the control box after turning the control box on. Then start the software. If you have a separate remote E-stop pendant, make sure that button is also reset.
    Scott

When the red stop button is pushed, it stays pushed in and you need to twist it to let it come back up. Then you need to turn the power off to your control box, and your computer. Then go to your power supply (circuit breaker) for the bot and turn that off.

The reason being is sometimes some settings get stuck in the memory and keep you from resetting things. Keep in mind that all your settings of X,Y,Z will be lost and you need to reset them.
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Default help

this is what my stop button looks like. which way should the key be turned as i cannot find that in the online manual.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Work smarter, not harder

You might want to get on the phone with shopbots technical support. They should be able to talk you through this on the phone.

frank Guest

Sounds like you have the wrong default settings file loaded. Type UR to reset or click on the blue "?" if you are in ShopBot Easy mode and click on the Reset Defaults button. Make sure that you select the DT2418. If you are still having a problem call me call at ShopBot.

try going into values type VN and change the switch 4

Must be a new addition for a desktop with a spindle to act as a safety interlock. You'll at least need the toggle in the up position and then a key that is likely attached to a spindle wrench or somewhere will need to be inserted into the lock and turned. Try the software again after that.

If all else fails, give SBHQ a call. Looks like they need to update some docs.
    Scott

frank Guest

Scott, you are correct. The key replaces the switch that used to be on the VFD for the spindle.

Denise, Toggle UP
    Key IN and turned to the right.
    Frank, Is that Finally a Standard feature now?
    Pic shows key in "OFF" position, toggle in "ON" position.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine