Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dust collector sold by sb any recomendations!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kidco4 View Post
    I am planing to buy a SH 48 and SB are selling me the Dust Collector 1.5HP 60Hz
    110V, 1,280 CFM, FLA 16A
    2-4" Ports 6" Inlet 18' Hose for 950$

any body have it?. any recommendations or should i go for it
    It is noisy?

Thanks

This is a good dust collector. Higher quality than the HF ones for sure. They move a lot of air & comes with high quality clear hose.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

This is a good dust collector
    Brady…
    The dust collector offered onthe SB website is the shop fox w1685 for $939.95. It appears to be the same unit offered anywhere on the web for about $360.00. Also, as standard equipment it comes with a 30 micron bag! To get to 2.5 micron is a $50.00 up charge and CFM is not specified for the bag with almost meaningful dust collection! What am I missing?
    SG

I don't believe it is a ShopFox. I don't remember the brand off the top of my head, but I have installed a number of these over the years. At one point SB sold Deltas, and then they switched because the Deltas were getting mangled in shipping.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Many types of wood are harmful. Most actually some just worse than others. It's not the wood chips or even the dust you see in the air that will make you sick. It's the very fine 5 micron and smaller that you will never see as your breathing it in that will get you. I know that you never make a dime collecting dust. It's hard to spend the kind of money you need to too be safe when that same money will buy you a nice drum sander or planer that makes you real money. Question is when your on oxygen 24/7 years down the road will you feel the same way? Spend the $ get yourself a 1500 cu/ft./min or better machine with .5 (1/2) or better micron filtration. Will probably cost you around $1500 plus a 40 amp 220V single phase receptacle and around $600 to $1500 more for proper ducting depending on the size of your shop. Still cheap compared to the deductible for a lung transplant.

Quote Originally Posted by bradywatson View Post
    I don't believe it is a ShopFox...
    -B
    Shop Fox W1685 Dust Collector

1.5hp, 1,280CFM, FLA 16A, Two 4" Ports, 6" Inlet 4 with 18" Hose.

Important: This only works on 60hz power.

(#14745) Shop Fox W1685 Dust Collector; PRICE $939.95

Right off the site... and Amazon does have them for $378.00

Huh...News to me. Must be a relatively new thing - as within the last 6 months or so.

-B

Bought one around 7 years ago for 350 from local distributor. It works fine. But no way worth a grand!

I will say again, pay attention to the static pressure rating. If two systems have the same CFM, always choice the one with the higher static pressure rating. If the friction losses in your collection system are greater than the static pressure, you will not be sucking up much of anything.
    PRT Alpha with 7.2 upgrade, indexer, and PC router