Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Waiting for the response

Default Waiting for the response

OK. OK. I go away for an hour or so and suddenly the new forum is popping up! Wow! Feels close to the old one.... but looks very different.... gotta go explore and see what you folks have cooked up.

(Nancy, et al, I hope no one has to lose too much sleep over the switch over/upgrade! Best of luck on it! Thanks for all that you folks do!)

Monty

kinda bummer it changed to newer VB settings...

looks like others using same, for me nice to see "new posts" without having to login, hopefully the 10 mins edit rule goes away

cada quien...

best of luck for new format...
    Vector Studio 22

WOW!!!
    Thought I was in the wrong place
    Funny how you get comfortable with old stuff, and uncomfortable with "New", even though new might be better.
    Like Monty need to check it out
    Beginning to feel like my Grandfather, when I asked him "Why didn't you leave a message on my phone?) and he said "I'm NOT going to talk to a machine!!!"
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Under "quick links" there used to be a setting for "last 3 days" "last 7 days" etc., now under new posts all I see is 1-20 out of 20?
    And no pages?
    Just wondering if everything got reset, and will become normal with more history?
    This was very first forum I ever joined, so not very "Up" on this stuff
    Thanks,
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Yeah...It is a little weird, but a number of us have been wishing that this forum would be upgraded.

So far so good...

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

I don't like it...I don't care what anybody says...I know I am low on the totem pole around here when it comes to computer savvy, but the forum worked just fine a couple of versions ago and I had gotten used to the last version, (which I didn't like at first either). The earlier forums had a special ShopBot look to them, this looks generic. I hate change when it comes to computers and programs..I know, time marches on. Oh well, I guess I will just have to get used to this version, Then you all can change it again!!...joe

Ditto to what Joe says We've said it before if it ain't broke you can't fix it

I wouldn't say the old one wasn't broke. There was lots wrong with it if you were used to more up to date forums and a few things wrong in general.
    The answers to a lot of questions can be found at http://www.shopbottools.com/ShopBotDocs/ or http://support.vectric.com/

For the most part, it's fine and something one can get used to as time goes by. My only complaint so far would be the lack of branding (guessing it's yet to come) and the lower contrast is a bit tougher on aging eyes at first, but getting used to that too.
    Scott

The reality of forum software is that it is mostly controlled by the host sites servers. If they upgrade their server software, it may or may not be compatible with the FORUM software. In that case then they also need to upgrade that as well. Host servers constantly need to be upgraded because the NETWORK THEY are connected to is in a constant state of change. And as the saying goes, the wheel goes round and round. Now if we could only get MS to UPGRADE their stuff! Russ
    AKA: Da Train Guy