Thread: Plastic nails and tool cooler

Default Plastic nails and tool cooler

I am looking for the posts on two items. First is the Raptor nail gun. We had quite a discussion on it a while back. The second is a tool cooler that worked by expanding compressed air. I thought that Shopbot sold the second item but I do not see it on their site.

I have tried a number of searches but I suspect this new search engine will not go back and search the older posts. I can not seem to get it to do anything.

Why do we keep fixing something that works well? Do we rebuild the engine in our car just for the hell of it?

I never use the search function on any forum. Most forum searches have to exclude lots of words to keep the database size down and, as they are a big performance hit, you're often restricted on how many searches you can do.

I get better results by using Google with the site function

To search for posts about the Raptor nail gun I would type something like "raptor nailer site:talkshopbot.com" into Google (without the quotes)
    The answers to a lot of questions can be found at http://www.shopbottools.com/ShopBotDocs/ or http://support.vectric.com/

The search function has been rebuilt so you might want to try again. My search for Raptor gave about 27 posts. However, the Google site search is quite good if you prefer that one.

For my air cooling, I use flexible brass tubing and an inline air regulator. It works perfectly and costs a lot less than loc line.

Miller Marine Products, Ridgefield Washington

I have a Vortex cold air gun on my machine. I will probably be removing it and offering it for sale I would rather just have a compressed air line with loc line to aim at the kurf to blow the chips away so you are not recutting the chip. The way mine is setup it makes the air very cold but does not put out enough air to move any chips. I machine plastic and aluminum mostly and it is not doing what I wanted to do with it.

Mike
    WWW.MillerMarineProducts.com
    Proto Trak DPM CNC Bed Mill
    Brand X Industrial router
    Sharp SVL-2416SE-M VMC

I have the Raptor nail gun. Do you have specific questions? I can say it is expensive for a nail gun, but it works well to hold down the spoil board and many materials for routing. Before buying, I tried to use the polymer nails in a battery operated HD gun. I was pretty happy for a few days, but then the gun refused to nail the polymers or regular nails. Cleaned it out and it works again, but I will not reload polymer nails again. It was ideal to use a $129 battery nailer rather than an air gun, but too good to be true.

No experience with the cool tool, just use compressed air and/or water cutting aluminum.