Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum Update - cont

Quote Originally Posted by tlempicke View Post
    Actually in this day of hacking and online stalking it would be good to have the choice. The owner of a business, for instance, has a real need to keep his information private!
    Im a business owner. ALL my info is available on line through the yellow pages, my website, numerous on line business listings etc.

What possibly could someone do by knowing my real name when used on any Internet forum? I've always used my real name on every Internet forum I've been a member of, eBay etc.

Nothing you can't find freely by searching for me or my business...

I saw that the calendar had been update for 2015 and included the GA event. I thought it was a nice feature - one place to quickly find events without having to search through a thread. I'm sorry to see it go.

Quote Originally Posted by tlempicke View Post
    Actually in this day of hacking and online stalking it would be good to have the choice. The owner of a business, for instance, has a real need to keep his information private!
    In this day and age I want people to know my real name and the name of my business. Also working on building my company utube channel, new logo design and also new website in the works.

Dave

Thanks you so much you clear all the matters which i have think thanks you ..How much post i can maximum do because i ha ve to spend a lot of time here !

A belated thank you to Nancy for keeping the forum in good shape.

The topic of posting Real Names as opposed to AXYZ for an identification still puzzles me. Those of us wanting to build a business or to be identified by our work will do best with a real name. I'm with David I. and Andrew C. on this topic. By using a fake name you'll be less likely to get generous replies to questions. I for one seldom assists with questions from those who hide their real identity.

I would also suggest more photo's of work done with Shopbotters postings. A snapshot will do more to explain a problem or accomplishment than many words.
    Last edited by joe; 02-20-2016 at 05:17 PM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by Ajcoholic View Post
    Im a business owner. ALL my info is available on line through the yellow pages, my website, numerous on line business listings etc.

What possibly could someone do by knowing my real name when used on any Internet forum? I've always used my real name on every Internet forum I've been a member of, eBay etc.

Nothing you can't find freely by searching for me or my business...
    Good thing your name isn't Al is all I can say !

I first started posting on the usenet a decade + ago, there using an alias was mandatory, no one used their names. So that habit carried over with me into forums, but I agree aliases do appear a bit tacky in forums like these.

I just try to strike a balance between what I am used to and trying to appear a serious individual in a serious forum by simply putting my name in the sig line. Then, people can either call me Xray or Doug Kramer and I'll respond to either.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    A belated thank you to Nancy for keeping the forum in good shape.

The topic of posting Real Names as opposed to AXYZ for an identification still puzzles me. Those of us wanting to build a business or to be identified by our work will do best with a real name. I'm with David I. and Andrew C. on this topic. By using a fake name you'll be less likely to get generous replies to questions. I for one seldom assists with questions from those who hide their real identity.

I would also suggest more photo's of work done with Shopbotters postings. A snapshot will do more to explain a problem or accomplishment than many words.
    gc3 is me...but real name is Eugene Beaufort Crain III...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vector Studio 22

I also like when someone takes the time to fill out their profile to include their location and if they are a company a link. One of the very special reasons I bought a ShopBot is this forum and also the way the company treats us all as family. Also what we say on another forum that I hang out at is, "IF THERE ARE NO PICTURES IT DIDN'T REALLY HAPPEN!"

Russ
    AKA: Da Train Guy

Russ,

You make me laugh. I understand it takes extra time to gather photo's and post them but it's helpful for all of us. When I'm in a critical mood I try to underscore my point with photo's or illustrations. But It does take extra time. I encourage everyone to do their best.