Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum Update - cont

Hybrid View

Default Forum Update - cont

Going from vBulletin 3.8 to 4.2 was a major upgrade and had to be done in steps. It seems to be working well now. Most importantly, all the posts, archives, images and links seem to be intact. Unfortunately one of the side effects was that a number of settings went back to default. The most obvious is the "look" - both the TalkShopBot customization and the menus/options shown. (If you are not a registered user, you can find instructions under the sticky at the top of the this topic.)
    • Check your personal settings by selecting >Forum >Forum Actions dropdown >General Settings.
      I prefer to view the latest postings at the top of a thread and had to reset this option.
    • The opening view is now "What's New" > Activity Stream. Option to the right of Activity Stream is New Posts which should show new posts since you last read forum.
    • Your username now shows on posts instead of your real name. Contact me if you want to change your username.
    • Edit time is now 25 min.
    • You can add 4 images OR 1 video to post.

I will continue to work on the new "features" that came with upgrade. It's much easier now that the power, heat and water are back on!! My thanks and admiration to the crews that removed the downed trees and reconnected the power lines under hazardous conditions.

Thanks very much, Nancy! We appreciate the availability of the Forum a great deal! And having the direct instructions to return much of it to "normal" is awesome!

Monty

WOW! That last sentence just JUMPED out at me!!! Gotta love the folks who keep us in utilities!

Glad you survived the Carolina Blizzard of 2015! I have a friend near the SB headquarters, they lost power for 30 hours! House temp dropped to 47 degrees inside. Lucky me live only an hour from SB and had under an inch of snow, and its all gone already.

Will the Calendar be updated? I only see 2007-2013.

Also, the current project folder ends at 2014. I didn't see a 2015 folder.

Thank you!!!
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

Any chance it will go back to displaying real names, instead of login names?
    Ron Sloan

Actually in this day of hacking and online stalking it would be good to have the choice. The owner of a business, for instance, has a real need to keep his information private!

Quote Originally Posted by tlempicke View Post
    Actually in this day of hacking and online stalking it would be good to have the choice. The owner of a business, for instance, has a real need to keep his information private!
    Im a business owner. ALL my info is available on line through the yellow pages, my website, numerous on line business listings etc.

What possibly could someone do by knowing my real name when used on any Internet forum? I've always used my real name on every Internet forum I've been a member of, eBay etc.

Nothing you can't find freely by searching for me or my business...

Quote Originally Posted by tlempicke View Post
    In this day and age I want people to know my real name and the name of my business. Also working on building my company utube channel, new logo design and also new website in the works.

Dave