Going from vBulletin 3.8 to 4.2 was a major upgrade and had to be done in steps. It seems to be working well now. Most importantly, all the posts, archives, images and links seem to be intact. Unfortunately one of the side effects was that a number of settings went back to default. The most obvious is the "look" - both the TalkShopBot customization and the menus/options shown. (If you are not a registered user, you can find instructions under the sticky at the top of the this topic.)
  • Check your personal settings by selecting >Forum >Forum Actions dropdown >General Settings.
    I prefer to view the latest postings at the top of a thread and had to reset this option.
  • The opening view is now "What's New" > Activity Stream. Option to the right of Activity Stream is New Posts which should show new posts since you last read forum.
  • Your username now shows on posts instead of your real name. Contact me if you want to change your username.
  • Edit time is now 25 min.
  • You can add 4 images OR 1 video to post.

I will continue to work on the new "features" that came with upgrade. It's much easier now that the power, heat and water are back on!! My thanks and admiration to the crews that removed the downed trees and reconnected the power lines under hazardous conditions.