Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Version 8

Default New Version 8

So as many of you know I am a bit of a value whore. That is to say, I want to know what added value I am getting for my money. I skipped the 4.5 upgrade because it brought nothing of value (for me) to the table. The version 8 (Brought up to match vCarve) of aspire has a few points that might fly under the radar that are added value and make the wallet crack grade.

• 64-bit Support !! #this
      • Since I have run into the memory limit many times, this is a real value to me.

• Increment and Save
      • This is an awesome timesaver for me.
      • Previously I had written a program to monitor changes and save major and minor revisions.

• Another nice feature is the merge tool path option.
      • When I saw that I though "pfft it has done that since it was born." Then on closer examination I saw what they meant. Production shops cutting many parts from a single sheet read and heed this one.

• Last pass allowance.
      • I know many of us tricked the software with false bit sizes and alternate zzeros to accomplish this and were sometimes punished for human error. Now. TADA.

■ Have to wait and see if the added clip art/models is actually worth anything. What came with aspire v1 was a very nice selection. So we will see.
    ■ The tutorials are supposed to be all new. IF they demo the new features in a meaningful way that will really rock. Demo's are subjective to what you need right now and are hard to get just write. I have enjoyed and benefited from the aspire tuts in the past. I am cautiously optimistic on this.
    "Once a person moves away from the computer and CNC some of the most important work begins." ~Joe Crumley

Yeah I am with you Joe i by passed 4.5, but jumped in yesterday for the 8. Of course most of my stuff is 3-d and the models that come with it dont really interest me, but i never turn down a free model. Speaking of which i dont have my models yet, i am thinking that vectric will contact me to register at which point i will get them. I like the ability to resize while in 3-d viewing. But i am still playing with it in an attempt to learn enough to get me into trouble.

You might be able to log into the vectric site and download the models directly. I know when I log in it shows what I have purchased as well as bundled models. Overall those guys are the bees knees and will do the best they can for you.
    "Once a person moves away from the computer and CNC some of the most important work begins." ~Joe Crumley

Color me stupid if you want but i can not figure out how to log on to vectric.com.

I'm sorry. I meant http://www.vectorart3d.com. Although now that I go there I dont see the tagging in the browse function only option is to redownload under order history. :/

Once they get you registered they will send you an email to the Portal so you can download the clipart. Until they send that email, you can't get anything.

It will look like:

https://portal.vectric.com/

You have to register first. That will be in the email, establishing your User Name and Password.

I have been debating it is 400 cheaper then the last upgrade that I skipped. I am on 4.5. but my problem is i get stuck doing things one way and it is hard to start using new features. what I want is to be able to set directories for my save files and my tollbooths I make. I spend so much time jumping around in directors saving files and saving tollbooths and opening new things.

windsor boat works limited, gravenhurst ontario

I'd like to get the v8 upgrade , and did not skip the version 4 upgrade . I feel a bit short changed that I have to pay as much for V8 as the people who skipped the upgrade .

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Windsor View Post
    I'd like to get the v8 upgrade , and did not skip the version 4 upgrade . I feel a bit short changed that I have to pay as much for V8 as the people who skipped the upgrade .
    Don't feel so bad. If you didn't get v1 or v2 then you paid less for v3 and v4 than we did.

I paid 800 I think for 4. got 4.5 free if I remember right.