Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Version 8

Got 8 right when it came out. I do mostly 3d work, but it seems like this is a huge upgrade to their software for every user. The ramping of 3d roughing for me is huge, and the built in onion skin pass on profiles is great. One of the main things I have noticed about ALL of the tutorials is they seem a lot more focused on showing shortcuts/ efficient ways to process things. Like pressing "f" to fit, or ctrl/shift/H to copy something across the material horizontally. Even for guys that use the program extensively, you'll learn a couple things by watching them. I learned you can use the measure tool to find y axis (or x) distances from one point to another that are not directly on the same axis.
    PRS Alpha 96" X 48" w/ 12" Z
    4hp Spindle
    6" Indexer
    Aspire 8

Thanks Bubba, although i wont wait forever i will wait for vectric to contact me. To be honest there arent any of the so called free 3-d models that interest me, but if i paid for them i want them. So far i like the upgrade.

I like the idea was being able to set the pass depth of the last pass on a pocket. If this is possible i am not seeing it but is it possible to set the step over for that last pass without creating a new tool path.

Cowboy, it took them 24 hours to get me registered. You probably got delayed by the weekend and the 7 hour time difference.

You don't set a stepover. In the "Last Pass" box you set an allowance. I have only used it once so far, used a 0.03 allowance, got a very nice edge. I will be using it a couple of times today. If I learn anything I will keep you posted.

Doing to downloads now, some of them are huge.

Did i miss something, there were a lot more downloads then i thought that i was getting.

I realized I had 3.5 so the cost was much better then the 800.00 I would have paid that I could not afford.

Quote Originally Posted by knight_toolworks View Post
    I realized I had 3.5 so the cost was much better then the 800.00 I would have paid that I could not afford.
    The upgrade cost to Aspire V8 is $400 regardless of the previous version of Aspire you are upgrading from.

I just checked my Spam folder this morning. I upgraded from Vcarve pro to Aspire sometime middle or late last year, and in the email it said I fall into the free upgrade period........

That was a nice surprise. And a good way to start off my day. Vectric is a great Software company. Makes it so affordable for a small sign shop like myself to be able to afford powerfull 3D CNC Modeling software. And great for the big shops too. Been using Vectric since somewhere in 2007. Before that it was Artcam Insignia. (Also a good software company)

I of course have been sold on vectric since the first trial download. Easy user interface and can do anything I will ever want to create, I am still learning how to use the advancements from VCP to Apsire. I still have A LOT of tutorials to watch.

Thanks Vectric.

Dave
    Last edited by David Iannone; 03-03-2015 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Moran View Post
    The upgrade cost to Aspire V8 is $400 regardless of the previous version of Aspire you are upgrading from.
    not last time it was not. 4 was 800 so I skipped it.

I was having trouble finding a few things. the align menu has to be added it is not on the main pane anymore. Trying to find tollbooth summary so I can check depth and nope I asked on vectric they how me how to make a whole summery but I found just hover over the tollbooth and it shows.