Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Atlanta camp Jan 19 2008

Default Atlanta camp Jan 19 2008

Has anyone got any information on the Atlanta Shopbot Camp?

Thanks,
    Doug

Doug,
    We're trying to lock in the details this week, stay tuned...

The Marietta, GA Camp ShopBot is Scheduled for Saturday Jan.19th, 2008.We usually start with a coffee/donut session at 8AM,class sessions start at 9AM, and the Camp will run until late afternoon (4-5 PM..)
    It will be hosted by Ed Conley of AHA WoodWorks, Inc. at 4921 Canton Highway, Marietta, GA 30066. Phone # 770-928-6150.
    There will also be an informal Friday afternoon session where Ed will do some cutting, in case people get into the Atlanta area a little early.
    We'll attach driving directions, and a list of hotels/motels in the area to this message.
    As this is traditionally our first Camp of each year,we always get a great turnout of "Show and Tell" items, and if you'll look up some of the folders which include pictures from prior Atlanta Camps ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/campsho...7594479845357/ )you'll see that they have been bringing in some great projects over the last few years.
    We'll keep updating the agaenda as things get closer, but I know we'll have some sessions on;
    software
    sign making
    vacuum
    new products
    carving 3D
    If you have a topic you'd like to see addressed, OR better yet, can GIVE a short session on something regarding the use of a Shopbot let us know! And PLEASE RSVP Ed, or myself so we know how many people to expect !!! Thank you !

Driving_Directions-17593.doc (24.1 k)

hotels-motels-17596.doc (24.6 k)

Thanks for the info. I sent you an email.

thanks again,
    Doug

OK Georgia Campers, time to let us know who to expect at Ed's shop in a few weeks!
    Ed has had about 20 people inquire, or RSVP so far, but I know that some of you will wait until the last minute (again) to inform us of your plans. Remember we'd also like to know if you plan to bring something for "Show and Tell" so we can block out enough time for everyone as well ( and don't forget that everyone who brings something in that they have made on their Shopbot will get a T shirt as our way of saying thanks...).
    If you have questions, suggestions, want to host a session, etc. NOW is the time to get these things squared away, so we hope to hear from you very soon, Thanks !

Unfortunately what must be a good long weekend for most is our Boy Scout Troops' annual trip to south Georgia, so instead of being able to join in the fun I'll be "way down upon the Suwanee River". Sorry I will have to miss it - seems like we have enough machines in the Atlanta area to have a second camp later in the year - I'd volunteer but I'm in a residential area and space is somewhat limited.

Both Ed and I have been receiving confirmations over the last week or two, and it again looks like our first Camp of the year will have a good turnout. If you do plan to attend, please be sure to let either Ed or I know about it so we can plan accordingly for the food, chairs, etc.
    And remember to bring something to Show and Tell if you can. It doesn't have to be your latest/greatest project, just something you think others would like to learn about...

Marietta, GA Camp ShopBot

Camp will be held at AHA WoodWorks on Saturday, January 19th, coffee and donuts served at 7:30am. We will also have the Bots cutting the day before, after lunch on Friday, January 18th. We will post an agenda tomorrow here on the Forum along with a map of the area and hotels. If you want to mapquest it, our address is 4921 Canton Road, Marietta, GA 30066. This will be a general information camp.

See you there.

Ed.

Directions to Marietta Camp ShopBot
    Driving_Directions-17593.doc (25.1 k)

Area Hotel information for Marietta CampShopbot
    hotels-motels-17596.doc (24.6 k)