Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue Box Vac Attempt

Here is a couple pics of the inline filter:
    https://flic.kr/p/rf1xy4
    https://flic.kr/p/rgKvWA

And the vacs:
    https://flic.kr/p/ryjuA4

Kyle / Ben, Thank you for the links. Those vectors look good. I got my work cut out for myself now......

Ben,
    Filter looks nice. On the exhaust I went to an auto supply store and took my vac motor with me and was able to get some short metal exhaust tips that fit over the lighthouse motors perfect, then I just put pipe clamps on there and gave it a little shot with my battery impact driver.

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Open Source Vac Cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by mccoy178 View Post
    Hello,

I am posting my efforts to add a vacuum box to my table. post.
    Great looking cabinet. Best photo I have seen which clearly shows all of the parts that make up the cabinet. I made mine wrong the first time and had to do a quick and dirty repair to bring up the Vac Hg.

Only getting 7 Hg on the scale, but it works great. I am going to start all over on the open source box and do a better job now that I have learned from my mistakes.

Dave, I am considering buying the drag knife. How's it workin for you?

Dave, I did observe my Vac Cabinet getting up to 190 degrees F. Temp probe is right on one of the motors. More typically runs at about 180 degrees for longer running jobs.

Hey Ken,
    I am getting 7 Hg also with a full sheet on table and all zones open. So far it has held the things I have cut on it.

The Drag knife it way worth the money, IMO. I am going to use it to make my own packaging out of cardboard or coroplast. Also, going to use it to cut polystyrene square blanks by the 4x8 sheet, and who knows what else, I just might setup a way to have the bot do A LOT more of the simple straight cuts I do in bulk with the ruler and xacto blade. I am not reinventing the wheel here I know. Guys and Gals have been using the Donek Tool with great success for a while. I am just glad I finally have stopped running my machine like a caveman and got it setup properly to EASILY layup a sheet and let her rip. I am going to be taking some videos and pics of what I'm doing with it today and tomorrow. I will start a new thread in the Sign Making section just in case some other sign guys are interested in how it can be as valuable as your best router bit.

The Temp thing I don't know. If I remember reading somewhere 130 degrees is around normal and 200 degrees is the max? So Far all the stuff I have run has been quick run stuff. 10 minutes or less. Mine haven't gotten more than around 118 degrees.

Dave