Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shopbot vs. Laguna

I'm a first time buyer in this industry and chose Shopbot because of reputation - I do not know the other brand but as a new user I can say that with one solid year of use Shopbot is the ONLY option

Mines been perfectly reliable, almost every issue has been because of something I did and not the machine

I watched every training video on their website, the worst thing was my very first cut, the intimidation, triple checking I did everything and anxiety to hit start - other then that I would say it's as comfortable and easy to use now as a big printer

My only tip is spend the extra and get the spindle - the router is LOUD - Save your hearing, not money
    Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.

Laguana is a big Iron company pushing impressive equipment. I doubt much hand holding should be expected when it comes to support. What you get with Shopbot is a community. The owners are mostly hobby types. That's not the market of Laguana.

Not all CNC equipment needs as much backup as SB. That's natural since it comes as a KIT.

Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    Laguana is a big Iron company pushing impressive equipment. I doubt much hand holding should be expected when it comes to support. What you get with Shopbot is a community. The owners are mostly hobby types. That's not the market of Laguana.

Not all CNC equipment needs as much backup as SB. That's natural since it comes as a KIT.
    I looked at the Laguana's at some shows and most are rebranded Chinese machines not very heavy duty that I remember. The one they had running didn't impress me much as it wasn't cutting all that well. It could have been their bit was dull. I have run big iron machines IE Beisse and the Laguana is near that class more like a hobby machine than a commercial one.