Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need someone that can make an Aspire file for me that is familiar with 2 rail sweep

...Helped....

Looks good, can you import an .stl file?
    Kyle Stapleton
    River Falls Renaissance Academy
    Math/Technology Education Teacher

PRS Alpha 96x60 2.2 hp spindle, Double Air drills, 6" indexer, Fein 5 zone vac table
    Desktop w/spindle
    Potter Pen
    Aspire 8.5, Creo 3.0

Thanks for the pic that helps. See attached PDF drawing. It is not possible to get what you want in 3/8" material and have it be 3.5" wide (at tangent) without truncating the arc. This could be what you were eluding to with your first pic.

You'll get both halves with full curvature @ 2.75" width. This is the advantage of CAD - you see things like this you can't on paper.

Going to bed...will check in morning.

-B
    Attached Files Attached Files
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Yes, exactly what I'm looking for. Since your drawing was exactly the same as the one posted in the 2nd post of this thread you can understand my confusion as to what you where asking for. Is it possible to get a file that will work with my old version of Aspire? or do I need to upgrade first? If you did not see it this is the picture posted in the 2nd post of this thread. sample CAD.jpg

I wasn't able to see Scott's pic until this morning for some reason? Sorry about that. Not sure why it didn't show up.

See attached ZIP with STLs of inside & outside. The inside is only 3.27" wide so that you can get the part out of .375" thick material. The outside is 3.5" wide. Both are 3.5" long.

v1.029 is so old, I don't even have it installed on anything....We're up to version 8 now Well worth the price of admission. Lots of training videos included with the upgrade.

Extract the ZIP & create a new model in Aspire. Then import the STLs via Model->Import 3D Model (I think this is the same lingo in that version).

Aspire will create a component of each. You'll need a vector boundary for each part. One @ 3.27x3.5 and another 3.5x3.5". They should be centered on each model to function as a machining boundary. You'll select the component and boundary before creating 3D roughing and finishing toolpaths. Use the boundary vector for a profile toolpath for the 2D cutout. Avoid 3D offset & choose raster when 3D finish machining these parts.

Good luck with it!

-B
    Attached Files Attached Files
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Brady, Thank you so much they are perfect. I'm going to need other sizes and would like some training on Aspire and the Indexer. I see you offer advanced training. What does it cost for someone to come up for a day and acquire all of your knowledge?

Great - glad they worked out!

Please contact me off list for pricing. We can talk about your goals and tailor training to your needs & budget.

Thanks!
    -B

Thanks guys for the help. Parts turned out almost perfect. Needs a few tweaks and to tighten up my stepover but very nice. Thanks again. image.jpgimage.jpg

Great! Make some money & upgrade your Aspire

-B

I'm trying to upgrade my Aspire. Not getting the best communication or assistance from Vetric. Version 1.0 is so old you can't upgrade online. I have not had the need to upgrade until now. I don't cut much in 3D. I am intrigued with the idea of cutting acrylic tubes on an Indexer and was going to upgrade my bot to a 60"x120"x6" this summer. Now I think I'll go for the 12" w/Indexer. Brady, I don't have a CNC cutting business. I use it for personal use. These parts are for a large fluid bed filter I'm making for myself. I have way to many personal projects. I would never have the time to sell my CNC services. I will contact you for some advanced training before I purchase an Indexer. Thanks Again.