Thread: Raptor Nail Gun

Default Raptor Nail Gun

I was wondering if you shoot a plastic nail through wood and it goes through the same area a previous plastic nail was on the spoil board , will the new plastic nail penetrate the old nail and hold?

My clamps are not able to squeeze the plywood down enough to eliminate some of its slight warp in random areas, causing my V-carve lines to be inconsistent, so this nail gun looks like a great solution.

Davo, I use a raptor plastic nails to hold my spoilboard to the deck. I can't recall ever nailing on top of another nail, pure co-incidence if it did.....so can't answer that one.
    Hold well and main reason I use it is that I can rout or surface into the nail without damaging the bit.

Cheers
    Buddy 48 Standard with 2.2 Hp Spindle with standard and 6' stick. Aspire 10.5
    2.2Hp universal 4 zone Vac Table

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

I use a raptor also and i would assume that it would probably go in beside the other nail . They are a good solution for holding parts

I like this product. How do you remove the work piece after routing?

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

Take a hammer and bump block and tap the piece sideways . The fastener will shear off. then sand and finish as normal

Sold! I was hoping it was that simple. The video on their website shows them using the router to drill out the nails - to show how harmless it is, I'm sure.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Miller View Post
    Sold! I was hoping it was that simple. The video on their website shows them using the router to drill out the nails - to show how harmless it is, I'm sure.

Thanks
    Ive used mine to attach pcs that later went through my jointer, planer, wide belt sander, shaper etc.

They are just FRP (fibreglass reinforced plastic resin) but - I wouldnt want to put them through anything with HSS knives/blades. My jointer and planer both have carbide insert knives. Anything plastic resin will take the edge off of HSS quickly.

No issue for carbide or sandpapers of any type.

They are surprisingly versatile and pretty useful for sure.

I just got mine in today, tried it out on a new spoil board and surfaced it. Worked excellent

I tried renailing into previous nails, that worked very well to.

The vendor told me to oil each day prior to use.

I have thought about buying one of these to hold down some 1/2" baltic birch that sometimes bubbles a little when it's cutting.
    Which gun and nails have you decided to use? Can these nails be driven with a Porter cable gun?
    thanks

I purchased the B17P with 15 gauge finishing nails.

I recall reading somewhere that it takes the raptor guns to drive these nails and traditional guns do not work well... Maybe break the polymer nail or something, I forget. I think it had to do with the raptor guns tighter chamber and regular guns have too much play, I could be wrong and thinking of something else

I would much prefer the pricing of a porter cable