Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas Shopbot Camp

Default Texas Shopbot Camp

I would like to organize a Shopbot camp in my shop in Austin May 17 and 18. Besides the usual, hold downs, vacuums software, etc. I have an interest in and some experience with the indexer. I build church furniture so most of my Shopbot experience is with custom furniture and one of a kind setups but I am interested in the numerous other uses people put their SB to. If you are interested let me know so I can see if this is feasible.
    Sincerely,
    Wayne Locke

Wayne, I think it's a great idea to have a Camp in the Southwest! I hope you start to get some local feedback soon. If any of us can lend a hand let us know...Bill P.

jgilliam@stratosurf.net Guest

Wayne, Great idea to do one in Texas. Let me know if I can be of any help. I'm not far away in Bellville.

Wayne, I don't have a ShopBot yet, but I am in Austin and will help if you need it. I am in the Lakeway area. If I remember, you are in the Oak Hill area? Call me at 261-5847 if you need help with something.

Austin Camp Shopbot update

I have gotten more than enough response to decide that I will definitely host the Camp on May 17 & 18. My plan from attending previous events and talking with Bill Palumbo is to schedule 4 to 6 presentations of 30 minutes or so each but maintaining the flexibility to extend these as long as the interest is there. The rest of the time will be available for demonstrations and show and tell with projects and techniques by those attending. .I will probably demonstrate what I know about the indexer which I use and I think that I have someone who will demo using TurboCad and the Shopbot DXF Converter to create SB files. If there is anything which you would like to see or present please let me know.

It would be great to have some demos and discussions of software such as PartsWizard, ArtCam Vector, etc. If anyone would like to present something on any of these or other software, that would be great. Let me know if you are interested in coming and what your specific areas of interest are and I will see if we can address them at the camp.
    Sincerely,
    Wayne Locke

You can count me in at the Camp Austin. I will show some sign templates that I have to offer for the beginning botters.

Hector Quintanilla Guest

Wayne,
    I'm interested in taking a closer look at a shopbot in action, thinking in buying one in a near future, what I should do if I want to attend and learn something from you guys.
    Best Regards...
    Hector Quintnailla
    Monterrey, Mexico

Hector or anyone else wanting more information on the Austin event, my email is kodama@austin.rr.com and my telephone number is 512-288-3472. I will be putting together hotel info and a map this week. Please let me know if you have a special interest in demoing something or seeing a specific demo.
    Wayne Locke

The Texas Camp is on. If you have an interest in coming and get in touch with me I can give you directions and some motel information. I would like to find someone who could demo ArtCam. Also if anyone has access to a computer projector we could use that would be great.
    Sincerely,
    Wayne Locke

superior@adacomp.net Guest

Wayne: Count me in for the camp. I had planned on hosting one here in Oklahoma in April, but a date with the surgeon changed that. David Allen is in Norman, OK., and we have talked about riding down together. Also, Greg Oliver will be with us. Couldn't swing it to Shopbot Jamboree,(darn!), but can certainly make it to Austin. Looking forward to more info. I have a very limited knowledge of ArtCam (at Bill P.'s place last fall) and will try to bone up on it prior to your camp. Bill P. and Bill Y. informed me they would be in Canada at that time. Let me know if I can be of any help. Doug Strickland