Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My BT48 Vac Table Project

Vac table finished......at last!!

4 independent zones......each 2 x 2'. Reason is that I only have the 2.2hp blower so decided that instead of throwing plastic sheets down to restrict flow I'd use more zones as quite often I only use half the table or less.

I sealed each zone from the other and all round the table. I went to a lot of trouble to make sure the whole system was as airtight as a drum. The rectangular aluminium tubing under the table are held in place with 3D printed (ABS) brackets ....had to come up with a solution for the tight space between power stick and rollers with using two tubes per side.

Preliminary tests are very positive.

With the one zone on it sticks like mud
    With two zones open (4 x 2' area) and with a 1 x 1 foot piece of ply sitting in this 4 x 2 area it stick like mud. So that's good as I didn't need to mask off the open space.
    But if I start opening more zones then that 1 x 1 piece stops sticking like mud.
    If I open all 4 zones and put a 4 x 3 piece of ply on it it sticks well if the ply s flat but if there is a warp in it it won't pull it down.

I think that a 2.2Hp blower is certainly the minimum for a 4 x 4 table. If I had another 2.2Hp blower added it would rock and be useable over the whole 4 x 4 area with any size piece with no masking!! I might just do that yet!
    I took a video of my experience with this project and when I get a chance to edit it together I'll post it.
    This project is now done and dusted.....

Cheers
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Buddy 48 Standard with 2.2 Hp Spindle with standard and 6' stick. Aspire 10.5
    2.2Hp universal 4 zone Vac Table

Very nice, Michael...joe

Thanks Joe.....
    Already been put to good use......pic attached......no clamps or screw hold down and no tabs for through cut

Cheers
    image.jpg

Sweet set up Mike. Man, you really made it neat and tidy...

So you see now why I was so excited last year?? It really does change the way you machine stuff!

That's my weakness Andrew......I over engineer!
    It can be done a lot quicker and simpler for same result.....

Cheers

Just a quick feedback after a few months of use.....

First of.....if you don't have vac get it.....makes CNC life easier for sure.
    Pictures attached show cutting 2mm aluminium.....this is now a breeze. Cuts cleaner as no longer is the aluminium sheet riding up the bit spooling the cut. The cut is accurate in Z. The material is sticking to the bed like the perverbial brown stuff
    Also cutting wood such as the 1.25" thick piece in the pic that I'm pocketing. No clamps.

I'm thinking of adding another 2Hp regen in parallel??? Or series???? To make it even more powerful.....maybe??

Cheers[ATTACH=image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Simops View Post
    Just a quick feedback after a few months of use.....

First of.....if you don't have vac get it.....makes CNC life easier for sure.
    Pictures attached show cutting 2mm aluminium.....this is now a breeze. Cuts cleaner as no longer is the aluminium sheet riding up the bit spooling the cut. The cut is accurate in Z. The material is sticking to the bed like the perverbial brown stuff
    Also cutting wood such as the 1.25" thick piece in the pic that I'm pocketing. No clamps.

I'm thinking of adding another 2Hp regen in parallel??? Or series???? To make it even more powerful.....maybe??

Cheers[ATTACH=image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    I remember life before my vac table. No way I'd ever go back now!!!

It's just too handy.