Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6th Annual Midwest Camp ShopBot

Default 6th Annual Midwest Camp ShopBot

The 6th annual event will be held September 28th and 29th. I am looking for presenters. If you have something you want to share either day or both contact me and let me know what you have in mind.

For those of you that were here last year and update.

The Vac-clamp we used at the camp has proven to be a real time saver. The only way to use them, in my opinion, is to have two. One is not nearly steady enough, but when you have another one, wow.

Anyone that may be interested in solid surface fabrication can contact me about a class that I will be putting on this May. A one day class at my shop that will cover solid surface from measuring and making templates to pricing, seaming, edging, sanding and installation. This will be hands on and there will be a charge for the class and will be limited to 10 people max. Email or call for more information. If you want to wait and not pay I will be posting a 5 or 6 part column on my area in the application part of ShopBots web site

Forgot to put my telephone number in.

419 947-8186

John

Please post your address most people do not know where it's at including me. Thanks

Bruce

Bruce
    If you look under Camp Shopbot 2006 topic and then the 5th annual midwest camp you will find all the particulars there.

For anyone that is thinking of coming to the sold surface fabrication, pre-registration is required. I will post a full synopsis of what will be covered and price this weekend.

The short answer is Edison, Ohio.

John Forney

Ok. It's been a long time since I have posted but Renee' is back on Chemo and our plans have been in up in the air.

I will be holding my shop open for anyone that is suffering from Jamboree withdrawal and not planning to travel to San Mateo. It will be open on Saturday May 19th for all things ShopBot. No fancy presentations, no free lunch, no free coffee and snacks. Also no door prizes. This is not sponsored by ShopBot (understand why no free lunch). Please do not send me emails asking what we will be covering or asking for directions. Please look at last years Camp for directions and information. It will be shopbotters talking to other shopbotters. If you don't own a shopbot you can come anyway.

Now on Friday the 18th of May I will be holding the Solid Surface Seminar at my shop.

It will include the following:
    Pricing jobs
    Templates
    Using the shopbot in the fabrication process
    Seaming, build up edges, drop edges and sink installation. Wet and dry sanding.
    Field seams and installation
    Repairs
    30 plus years of tips and what not to do.

Who should come:
    Anyone who wants either to build and install solid surface in their own home or would like to build and install solid surface for customers. Little experience or none.

Cost
    $225.00 per person.
    Includes hands on fabrication, manual and lunch.

Starts at 8:00 a.m and goes until 5:00 p.m. and will give you everything you need to sell, fabricate and install solid surface. This will be hands on so don't plan on wearing anything nice. Plan also on a good breakfast since this will be work you do, I already know how.

I still will be holding the 6th annual Camp Shopbot some time in late September or early October. More info will be here some time this summer.

Please call me for more information on the Solid Surface Seminar. There will be only 5 to 7 people and almost all the slots are taken.

John Forney
    419 947-8186

Authentic Cabinetworks LLC, minneapolis mn

John
    What state are you in?

He's 30-45 min. north of Columbus, OH. Here's a link to his last camp.

http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/messages/11096/14461.html?1159900156

Dave
    Thanks, I forget that the shopbot community is getting so much larger.

John

mike_douglass Guest

John:

Is there a set time for the open house on 5/19/07? I am interested in buying a SB. I am about 3 hours from you and just need to know a good time to stop by.

Thanks!

Mike

Doug
    Have been out of the shop installing and have not checked the forum. We will start at 8:00 a.m.

Shopbot will be buying lunch. Pizza. Again this is very informal.. No set agenda, just talking shopbot.

John