Thread: JOINTCAM.....any users?

Default JOINTCAM.....any users?

I bought this program but have not felt well enough to get in the shop to even try it out but wondered if anyone else is using this and wanted to hear their experiences, easy to use?

One thing i don't recall is if anyone has made a jig to hold the workpieces and if you have any pictures you could post..or plans?

I'm beginning to feel like getting out there and make some boxes. I could start out with just some boxjoints....
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

I know that there are a couple Shopbot users using it, but I don't know if they read or post here.

Hi Gerry....I check your forum regularly but don't see much activity and wanted to try to fashion some type of holding jig but was somewhat confused about the best way to hold the material down? I know some regular dovetail/boxjoint jigs hold the material offset from each other and some don't, so i wanted to see how others may have constructed their jigs.
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Unfortunately, I've only seen pictures of two jigs, and they were on a different types of machines. Here's a video of one of them:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpTvFEzRBvs

Jack I think you have seen mine but I will post it again I do not use joint cam but this should apply. one set of air cylinders comes up through the table.

And video

https://vimeo.com/87861666