Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watch agrrements and contracts

"that are expressly prepared or constructed by Vendor pursuant to the terms of the Agreement will be the property of ***** "

Were your drawings, patterns, etc. in question prepared pursuant the terms of this particular contract or is it a product you came up with on your own prior to this agreement? I'm not questioning that the customer is sneaky, I know I have come across many. I am just trying to understand the contract verbiage. the entire agreement will have to be read in order to understand. Don't post it of course because there is likely a copyright statement at the bottom of that contract and then you'd be guilty of stealing their contract of stealing haha.

Over the years I have also had many large, seemingly "cast in stone" commandments pushed aside to do business with me. I always wondered if it was because they want my stuff or if they want my price. Nowadays, around here, it's my contract only, no purchase orders with added conditions, deposits on big stuff, COD for anyone I don't have history with, and many other customer-chasing policies.

I would like a referral to a $300 lawyer though. I have spent many thousands on lawyers.

Good for you Gene. Glad you caught it.

I had the pattern and design done way before the contacted me. All I did was modify it (down sized it) there had been no contract or mention of contract. Even after I sent them the prototype there was no mention of a contract.. the agreement was slipped in when they sent the P.O. number for 1500 of the product. Had I not have had problems printing out the P.O. and called my Itt guy, I would never have know the agreement was attached. Had I started shipping I would have been locked in on that agreement. Now My lawyer is hammering out the agreement with their lawyer. My lawyer charges me a $300.00 fee each year (that is just to hold him as my attorney). Now when he actually does work that fee get eaten up fast and then I go to $150.00 a hour..
    However He copyrights and patents everything for free, (actually not for free, I pay the filling fees, and he gets to collect 95% of all lawsuits, that he goes after,, boy does he watch close... The lawsuits is where a copyright and patent attorney make their money. The person who owns the copyright gets very little out of a lawsuit. (every time I have had to go to court the 5% I end up with very seldom covers my time and expenses.
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS IS A LABORER.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS AND HEAD IS A CRAFTSMAN.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS, HIS HEAD AND HIS HEART IS AN ARTIST.
    ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Quote Originally Posted by johnh View Post
    I would like a referral to a $300 lawyer though. I have spent many thousands on lawyers.
    I use a service called Legal Shield (www.legalshield.com) for a flat monthly fee. Get consultation services for that fee, and then some level of work is done as part of that fee. I had a company try to go after me for fees a client of mine didn't pay, they even sent it to a collection company, I got no where with them, one letter from the attorney and it all went away Used them for a few other things that would have cost me a lot more than I pay monthly had I needed to hire an attorney.

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

Good for you ! Golith was bigger than David , but we all know how that ended