Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: changing vacs calculating cfms am I wrong?

Default changing vacs calculating cfms am I wrong?

I have the typical black box with two 220v motors. but they are not durable (I have new brushes to test the bad motors to see if it fixes them) but anyone it would be nice to get a better quality motor. But I don't have room in my box for another 3phase breaker and so would like to stick to 220v if possible to keep the expense down. but I am thinki9ng this is abotu the only pump that would work but I would need two of them? it has a little more " in vac and a little mroe cfms then one of the blower motors but I would need two of them right?
    http://www.amazon.com/Regenerative-B...erative+Blower

Yep-One of these wouldn't be sufficient

that's what I thought. Now I am asking the guy that did my electrical if he could cram another 3phase breaker in there. then I could use this guy http://www.amazon.com/Regenerative-B...132178&sr=1-21
    or could I just run it off the same breaker the spindle is on? it is all that's on that breaker the 4hp hsd spindle. I just don't know starting the pump while the spindle is running. the breaker is 30a so plenty of juice.

looks like for around 200.00 I can buy a upgraded electrical box that will give me more slots s oI will do that and get this pump http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A2ZXNIALO9UFDP sad you have to spend almost 1000.00 to replace two 120.00 motors

As long as you're going to have the electrical available you may want to look into the secondary market and get more HP and air flow.
    Like this for example:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/TESTED-GAST-...item3cf7a0e5d7

checked ebay all night never saw that one. but that might be a bit much. noise and heat for my small shop. plus I don't think my wiring could take that load. the building has it but not my shop. I need more inches over more airflow for cutting thin plastic it wants to lift up. I don't have lost parts issues on myst material I cut I have learned to deal with that. thinner materials are the hassle or non flat plywood.

I have 2 3 phase regens 3hp. each brand new, I did series them and test them at a shop that had 3 phase they pulled 14 with both on and 8.3 with one on. want 400 each.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Steve,
    Whatever you end up going with please post when you come up with your solution.

I just finished my Blue Box with 2 lighthouse motors about 2 months ago. It is great. But one day when the motors go out I am now thinking of going down the road you are traveling. Mainly for less noise. But I still am just learning vac hold down so I am reading anything I can right now on the subject on this forum.

Thanks,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by danhamm View Post
    I have 2 3 phase regens 3hp. each brand new, I did series them and test them at a shop that had 3 phase they pulled 14 with both on and 8.3 with one on. want 400 each.
    Looks like a great deal. Wish I had 3 phase.

Dave

Steve-Jump on them as long as you can get them shipped your way reasonably.
    They're likely worth meeting Dan in Blaine or BC!