Thread: Vinyl cutter

Default Vinyl cutter

I need a vinyl cutter for some projects, and have been looking at the hobbyist level Silhouette Cameo, and I found the USCutter Table Titan online, anybody have feedback on these?

Need a portable unit, which is why I've focused on these two, but open to suggestions on others. Looking for Pros/Cons on these and other cutters, and even other options.

Have to keep cost down, so a ShopBot desktop is out of the budget for this project.
    Daniel E.
    ShopBot PRS 48x96 (2010 Model)
    Porter Cable Router
    Vacuum Table w/ 2 Fein vacs
    Aspire 9.0

What I do when I don't mess up wood: http://www.pathhome.net

I don't think a 24in model is all that expensive. I have a pretty old Roland that was probably $450 when I got it. There's a USCutter for just under $300 on amazon.

The US cutter units will do the job, but if you are in a location where noise is an issue it may not be the best choice. The US cutters are load compared to the better plotters that are available. Sign Warehouse in Texas sells a wide range of plotters. How much are you going to be using the plotter? Is this a short term project or will it be ongoing. If it is a long term project, do yourself a favor and buy a better plotter upfront. You will save money in the long run.

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by signsbyjay View Post
    The US cutter units will do the job, but if you are in a location where noise is an issue it may not be the best choice. The US cutters are load compared to the better plotters that are available. Sign Warehouse in Texas sells a wide range of plotters. How much are you going to be using the plotter? Is this a short term project or will it be ongoing. If it is a long term project, do yourself a favor and buy a better plotter upfront. You will save money in the long run.

Jay
    Noise is an issue, will be using at craft shows so don't want so loud it upsets vendors adjacent to me. If product line is successful, will be doing long term.

I did look at the $300 amazon one, little concerned with some of the negative feedback. I'll check out Sign Warehouse and see what they have.
    Daniel E.
    ShopBot PRS 48x96 (2010 Model)
    Porter Cable Router
    Vacuum Table w/ 2 Fein vacs
    Aspire 9.0

What I do when I don't mess up wood: http://www.pathhome.net

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

look on e bay for plotters and vinyl cutters , i purchased one on there as well as materials reasonable

You want to buy 15" or 24" vinyl cutter. Graphtech is my preference. Summa is the best. Look at the craigslist or ebay. May be call some sign shops in your area they always have backups sitting around. Or just let me know and will cut it for you till you save some money.